Where to ride in North Virginia

kaw917

Jul 2, 2000
Just wondering if there were any places to ride out here in N. VA, I live in dumfries and there doesn't seem to be to many places around here. If anyone knows of any places, I would appreciate the information.

Kaw 917

FifeDog

Apr 28, 2002
We're not to far from each other. I have about 4 places that I usually ride within 2 hours of my house.

1.) Potomac River Trail - This trail should be ridden at your own risk...you can start from the commuter lot in the K-Mart parking lot on Dale Blvd. in Dale City and ride all the way to the Potomac river. The only problem is that you must cross Cardinal Rd., RT 1, and 2 other back roads. I have ridden this trail several times, and have had no problems. Trail length: 10-15 miles one way.

2.) The Land Between the Lanes - This trail is also ride at your own risk...you can start from a gravel lot just off RT 1 south of Aquia, VA. The parking lot is just past a mini golf place, and past the bridge over a creek on the right at the bottom of a hill off RT 1. If you follow this trail it will eventually lead you to a tunnel under I95 south to the median. The median here, and south to the RT 630 exit (Stafford) can be ridden. It's actually a great trail. Once you get close to RT 630, you can cross back under I95 south and ride further. Trail length: 12-15 miles one way.

As for the 2 other trails, they are at least 1 hour away, but completely legal, so let me know where you ride, and if you're interested in riding these trails too.

See ya,

fightflame

Jun 15, 2002
Guys,
I am in Chester, just south of Richmond, I only have 1 place to ride "at your own risk" but more importantly, my 6 yr old is with me for the summer, and loves his 50, but I dont have anywhere to take him. I dont mind a 2-3 hr drive if that is whats required, and neither does he. He is very skilled for his age, and he knows it. But its hard for me to explain to him that he cant ride where Dad usually does, (too much train traffic). Any suggustions?

Rich

BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
YZEATER, where are the riding areas in chantilly? i work in sterling, and have not found any place in the area since they closed down the place behind aol, and the exxon on rt 28. they also closed down the leesburg airport. i have a couple of places to ride out in purcellville and berryville but nothing close to work. let me know please. mike

BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
xrworm, i have 11 acres in in round hill that i have a little track, and my nieghbor has 11 acres with a trail all total 1.5 miles, i also have a guy i know who let me but a small track on his 40 acres in berryville next to the water plant. where are you from? do you have any riding areas? mike

XRWORM

Jun 26, 2001
Bowhunter Im in Stephenscity right down the road I dont have any place to ride except the forest my brother and I are looking to buy some land over the winter to build a track but right now we are just looking for other places to ride

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
BOWHUNTER, I sometimes ride directly behind the post office in Dulles. Not too bad of a place. Seems to be 10ish miles of trails, a couple jumps. I've never been yelled at there

BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
yzeater, it cost a buddy of mine 250.00 to ride there! they are taking plate numbers and on the second time the send you a summons to court! be careful!
xrworm i am heading to taskers gap sunday in the am, should get there aroun 6:30 am for a 4hr day if you can make it, i'll be on a yz250f #963
hope to see ya mike

XRWORM

Jun 26, 2001
Mike I was just there on friday but if I can get my brother out We will be there we like to start on the other side near the campground be carefull on friday we were hauling A** around there and came aroun a corner into 3 people on horseback standing in the middle of the trail didnt run into them but kinda put a damper on the rest of the day but at least we were still alive. if you get a chance try to ride there on a weekday you will almost always have the run of the place may see you on sun later

Top Bottom