gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Hello all

I am looking into getting a dirt bike and was wondering where to go riding. I live on Long Island NY and am looking for places on or near bue to go riding. Any ideas?
Thanks and hope to run into some of you.

Bob Tiley

Aug 7, 2001
Good Luck - Never been to Long Island but it doesn't seem that there would be a lot of open riding space there. You could truck on down to the NJ Off Road Vehicle Park in Chatsworth, NJ

Check it out
www.njorvp.org

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
FOGEDDABOUTIT!

If your looking for state approved trails forget it. You wont find them out here.
I took a great ride w/ a guy I met at ThumperTalk out east, who showed me some great single track trails that run all the way from Yaphank out to almost Riverhead. I never knew these existed, but they are awesome. best bet would be heading upstate to some of the place that are hassle-free. Check out ATVNY
Good luck!

KnobShredder

Dec 1, 2000
New Motocross Track in Long Island!

I was just about to post a thread with a review of Island Motocross until i saw your post. Ok, it's a motocross track, not really a trail riding place. Not a huge track, but well maintained, with lots of jumps and a few nice straights. It's $150.00 to join, $30.00 for each race. Lot's of different classes are run, including ATV's. Practice is allowed 4 or 5 days a week from 11-7, but not the day before a race. There's a race coming up on Sept. 16th, so bust a move if you want in. I saw all kinds of different riders, including guys who could shred on 250's to guys just playing on TTR125's and lots of kids on mini's, including a girl who was making her maiden motocross lap!
Exit 66 (Horseblock Road)off the Long Island Expressway, go south to route 16. make a left. Go down about 1/2 mile, past Sunoco station about 3 blocks, make left at Island Motocross sign. Take dirt road all the way in. 631-924-2399 See you there. I'm #38 :cool:

Top Bottom