Where to take my rear shock for service?

VinnyTAMU

Apr 2, 2003
I am currently in the process of tearing my bike (1996 KX 250) down so that I can have the frame & swing arm powder coated. Since my bike is a 1996 model and since the rear shock has not been serviced in a long time I thought I might send it in and have it serviced. I wanted to see what mail order companies you guys recommend? What about places around Houston, TX or San Antonio, TX? How much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You should get both the shock AND the fork serviced if it's been a while. I prefer to send my stuff to Jeremy Wilkey at MX-Tech.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Do you have a service manual?

I just did mine on my KDX, it wasn't very hard.

Then I had a local shop recharge the nitrogen for $12

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Patman
You should get both the shock AND the fork serviced if it's been a while. I prefer to send my stuff to Jeremy Wilkey at MX-Tech.

I'll second that!! Jeremy knows his stuff, and better yet...He treats us little guys just as good as he would for the pro-riders he does work for. :thumb:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by Green Horn

I'll second that!! Jeremy knows his stuff, and better yet...He treats us little guys just as good as he would for the pro-riders he does work for. :thumb:

Yup - My $$ goes to Jeremy W. when it comes to bike suspenders.  :thumb:

Support your DRN bretheren! :cool:

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
Being here in Houston we happen to have 2 of the best suspension compaines in the US. Try either http://www.jmracingsuspension.com or http://www.ebrperformance.com/main.html.

I use JM on all of our bikes.....

Steven

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by KelvinKDX

Support your DRN bretheren! :cool:

Straightline Suspension owner Shane "Shaggy" Baronet is a DRN bretheren as well. You can contact him through here at Shaggy829 too. Top quality work and complete personalized service. :thumb: :thumb:

Top Bottom