which 85 shuld i get

Jan 18, 2005
hey im lookin to get a new bike i like da 85's da honda da KTM, the Suzuki, da Kawasaki, and da yamaha..i am a fairly good rider wit a couple years of experiance...which would be best for uphill riding and low end speed? i hear that KTM is not very reliable with parts especially for me that i do not have a dealer close by...i would appriciate your advice thanx :cool:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
The RM and KX have a power valve, the others do not. That gives them way more low-end power.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You are quite misinformed on da KTM. Da KX & the RM as mentioned have their power more in da low-mid range and da non-power valve engines of da YZ and da CR are more mid to top with a very noticable hit. If you add a flywheel weight to any of da bikes it will make any of them more tractable meaning same power just a smoothed delivery so less wheel spin on da hills and out of da corners.

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
Which of da above bikes would make da best bike for me??? I like to ride on the street without da thing that goes on da head. I like to ride on da hills and da corners 2. Maybe we should go ride da hills sumtime with all da corners there 2. I like da kx/rm 100's though I htink you should take a look at those. Much more low end and mid to get you over dem dam hills out of da corners.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…