Deanodirt

Dec 2, 2003
i am going to get back into road trail bikes after and abscence of around 5 years. i would like some feed back on which bike to get EG WR450, XR650, DR400Z or KTM. I want a fast registered bike that doesnt need a build every six monthsmainly to travel to work on the road and play on the weekends. please help if you have some advice.

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
Well firstly, are you a male or female? I noticed your name was Dean thats just why I was asking, cause in this forum you will get mostly womens opinions!

Basically if you are after an ever reliable, bare maintence bike, look at the xr or the DRZ.

If you dont mind putting in work and effort on your bike and you want it to be high performance as well look more closely to the KTM and WR range!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
OK lets see.. 90% road = XR650L (already street legal), 50% road = DRZ400E street legalized (maybe the S model but not 4 me), 20% road = WR450 or KTM (street legaled), 10% road = KX500 (street legaled), 0 % road = "I'm not stupid, anything I put here will start a war!!"
Woodsy

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Even though the XR is a good commuter the DR-Z is more so. How much trails/road time are you spending? Whats your height/weight/age? From what you've said so far we don't know if you're old fart on the road again or an adrenaline junkie looking for some super motard action.

Top Bottom