Brooks D

Aug 22, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5' 10" and about 200 lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Kind of aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Mostly desert and a dune trip once a year
4) Do you have any riding experience? I've ridden my buddies CR250 a few times but I ride a TRX450R right now
5) Do you think you will race ? nope
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I can't do too much but am willing to learn
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I prefer a 4 stroke and like Honda, Yamaha or KTM
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Many dealers
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Not sure, it depends on the bike
10) Do you live in California? Arizona
11) Your age? 26
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I'm looking for a used bike, light in weight and reliable. Something that I can learn on and eventually upgrade. I know I'll be laying it down every now and then so I don't want to blow the money on a new bike and mess it all up.

Thanks for any help. I won't be getting a bike right away but want to start searching.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Keeping it 4-stroke... Ok i can do this lol j/k

but, You could always get a CRF250X its more of a race trail 4-stroke..(racing engine tuned for trails) high strung fast and powerfull and not to heavy It requires maintence (like adjusting valves and stuff) every like so many hours (i cant remember any more.. 15 hours? someone correct me) If you wanted power and ponies under you you could step it up to the CRF450X Requres about the same maintence schedual as the CRF250X but alot more powerfull (and heavier)

But there are also the older honda 4-strokes.. like XR250/400/450/600 (something like that there is a bunch of CC sizes but i dont know them..) you could get like a 400 or maby a little bigger since it wont be as fast or have the torque or instant power the CRF250/450X have.. But they will do the job.. and being almost bullit proof it can take a beating.. (with the ocasional change filter, change oil.., and stupid stuff like that...) They are heavier but pretty cheap...

there are a few options.. have fun!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom