fox_girl

Oct 6, 2003
I'm 13 and 5'8'' and 125lbs. I have an xr100 and I'm getting really sick of it because I like to jump and stuff but it doesn't have any power. I would like to start racing but I really embaressed of it because its so slow compared to everyone elses. I would like to get a 2 stroke but I'm not sure what kind to get, could anyone help???

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
KTM makes a 105SX!

jack909

Oct 7, 2003
you telling trouth?cause somthin dont sound right here cause from what i can remember about 7yrs ago when i was 11-12 i was riding an xr100 and i was prob about 5'0-5'2 and that bike was to small for me ounce i got 5 ft 2 i mean im not trying to call you a liar or some dude thats afraid to ask for help he he pretends to be a lil kid/not so lil huge 13yr old girl...?....but i think you need to measure your hight or go sit on a few bikes to see which ones fit youbecause if you can still fit into an xr100 theres no way you will be able to ride a kx125 cause an xr100 seat sits at about 30 rufly inches and a kx125 is about 38 and up inch seat hight i am 5'9 and i still ride my old kx125 evry now and then and it fits me beutifly so im just saying a xr100 is for a 5 foot person and kx125 is for 5'9 and above and theres prob no way you can ride one if your on a xr100

fox_girl

Oct 6, 2003
my dad bought it to small for me. way to small and he still doesn't say anything about it. Ive said something to him and all he says is you fit it perfectly but my mom also thinks its to small.

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
mdkuder made a really good recomendation, Kawisaki, and Suziki also make a 2s 100...at 13 these bikes would be really good bikes to learn on before making a move to a 125 mx bike. I moved my son to a KX100 from an XR100 and the bike has really made him realize how much he has to learn.

My point is...2s are going to be a BIG jump from an XR100...but....

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Jack909, you should start reading the original posts! She doesn't state any where how she fits on the XR100. So if you going to start calliing folks liars you should make sure you have your stories straight.

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
...but...if jack909 at 5'9" can ride a 125, I'll bet you could ride one at 5'8" :laugh:

good luck to you fox_girl, whatever you decide, ride safe, and have fun!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
One wonders if were been had ;)

Maybe staying with 4 strokes is the way to go - check out the CRF150R. At 13 going to a 125 sounds like a crazy idea, and if you are not going to race, why an MX bike at all. If you insist on a 2 stroke, at your height a KDX200 may be a better bet.

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
Yea...BunduBasher is right, a 125 is a crazy idea for a 13 yr old. If you do want to start racing like you said, look at the 100s or that KTM 105...

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
Originally posted by fox_girl
can i just ask something, why is it such a crazy idea??

:think: Before I got my son his KX100, he hounded me to let him ride my 250. After he got his KX100 he found out really fast that a two stroke motocross bike has a TON more power than his XR100 had. Now he doesn't even want to ride my 250 because now he knows that he will probably get hurt if he does. He's 15 too by the way. It's really fun to ride dirtbikes and all, but it's not any fun to get hurt! :( You have to work your way up with the smaller bikes before you get a big one so that you don't break bones and stuff like that. The two stroke 100s will have plenty of power for you to go race, trust me, I have just as much fun on the KX100 as I do on my 250! :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
the kx100 is a big little bike !

To answer your question, the 125 mx bike is a rocket, which needs to be ridden in the power band - you know, where you get into the peak power, and hang on for dear life - if you have never experienced a two stroke power band , be prepared to wrap yourself around a tree, take off in a wheelie, high side, hit the garden fence - in short, wreck and pee yourself all in one breath. Ride it like your four stroke, and it will sputter, bog down, and not go very well.

At your height, and with your experience, going for a bike which you are going to enjoy riding is the way to go.

Best if you can get a ride on a few different bikes, see how you like the weight, the power delivery, the power band. You don't want to get hurt, so look at all your options.

Last edited:

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
I'm 13 years old, 5'6", and 140lbs. and I used to ride a RM80(because I chose it over a XR100 and a TTR125), but now I ride a KDX200. It's awsome and I think you'd like it. My dad thought I'd like a KDX(thats what he has) instead of a KX100 because of the low end power. But, you could always get it ported. I'd say if you want to jump more get the KX100 or mabe even a 125, or if you want to ride more trails a KDX would be right.

I'm with you, four stroke.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
I'm 13 years old, 5'6", and 140lbs. and I used to ride a RM80(because I chose it over a XR100 and a TTR125), but now I ride a KDX200. It's awsome and I think you'd like it. My dad thought I'd like a KDX(thats what he has) instead of a KX100 because of the low end power. But, you could always get it ported. I'd say if you want to jump more get the KX100 or mabe even a 125, or if you want to ride more trails a KDX would be right.

Top Bottom