Sprintguy

Jun 2, 2003
I received the EE handguards/deflectors. I am less than impressed with the way they fit my handle bars. It looks like I will have to grind 1/8" to 3/16" off the ends for the bar to be able to attach to the inner mount. I don't understand why they don't predrill for their own hand deflectors.

Did the rest of you have to grind your bars for them to fit?

Am I over looking something? It appears the inner mount will go right underneath the cross bar. If I go over the cross bar then it pushed the outend out too far.

I emailed EE and they haven't replied.

What is the easiest way to remove the stock grips which look like they were glued in place at the factory?

Thanks

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I did not have to grind my EE bars down (purchased 1.5 years ago). They fit fine with standard Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, and even when I cut the handlebars down to 30.5" (although it was a tighter fit). I can't remember whether the inner mount attaches outside or inside the cross-bar.

I agree, it would be nice if brush deflector holes were pre-drilled. The rational though is that some guys don't want to run brush deflectors, and this also allows you to use non-EE brush deflectors. I went a few thousands smaller on the drill bit for an extra snug fit.

Call EE directly; I'm sure they will be able to help you out.

Cut the stock grips off, and remove all remnants of grip rubber and glue. Might be a good time to upgrade to a metal throttle tube. When putting new grips on, skip the grip glue, and safety wire them on. Do a search for more details.

Then go bust some bark!

MitchPeters

Oct 26, 2001
Freddette XCR2's. They are about twice as big as the Freddette handsavers and have more room than any other handguard made. They are aroud $100 though. I can email pictures of them if you want. They mount to the top triple clamp and have abushing to syill allow Pro-Tapers to flex.

Sprintguy

Jun 2, 2003
Thanks for the reply smit-dog.

I can grind the end of the handle bars to make them fit. It's not impossible work by any means it's just a little more work than I thought they would be.

Darn...I was afraid I was going to have to scrap the existing grips..oh well.

Sprintguy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
With Fredette’s or EE's there always seem to be a bit of bending involved for the perfect fit. Even though my new one's (EE's) went right on the new Berg.

x2fast

Oct 1, 2003
Smit-dog....anytime there is a Moose question I will be more than happy to try and answer it.
Also if there are any concerns or dislikes with a Moose product please let me know.
I will help out any way I can.
Thanks

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
Originally posted by x2fast

Moose has a totally new hand guard protector....it is pretty trick, easy to mount to the handguard, and offers a new design to allow brush and limbs to roll off the ends.

Check them out! On the Mooseracing.com site under products/controls/competition handguard protectors

http://www.mooseracing.com/HTML_catalog.asp?page_id=54&page_logic=Gear&page_title=Products

That design is the same one that the motonation wacker has been using for about a year.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
And personally, I like my brush guards to extend more above and below the bar. Better to deflect branches from wacking the hands!

x2fast

Oct 1, 2003
Originally posted by ktmracer

That design is the same one that the motonation wacker has been using for about a year.

It is TOTALLY different than the wacker....using a different way to mount, fully encompassing the aluminum handguard all the way to the bar end mount, thus making it one of the strongest and durable available. The end is built with a recessed mount to offer extra protection to the end mount. It is also very easy to mount using just one bolt. And it is available in 8 colors.

Top Bottom