Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
They both looked like old ragged out junk piles.

The guy wouldn't even take the time to wash the bikes before taking a picture to sell them. Do you honestly think a guy like that EVER bothered to do any sort of routine maintenance? :coocoo:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I agree with Rich 100%...

If you can't be bothered to wash a bike before taking pics for an ad, I'd be shocked if you actually clean the filter or change the oil..

Don't walk away from them, RUN.

CReighty

Uhhh...
Apr 4, 2009
Well he says that the bike runs great but how do you know without a kickstarter? I guess you could bump start it and check it out. Can't really see much from the photo but i'd go check it out. The worse that can happen is you walk away.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A ten year old 125 without a kickstarter, sold by a guy who can't afford a new kickstart lever. So what do you think the odds are that he could afford to replace the crank, or piston, or clutch, or main bearings when it was time?

Old POS bikes sold on Craigslist will likely always be old POS bikes.

CReighty

Uhhh...
Apr 4, 2009
Rich could be right but there are those exceptions out there on craigslist where you get a pretty good bike with just a few minor flaws. Thats why I always say to check it out. If you know what to look for you will be able to spot a POS and walk but every now and then you get that great deal. The guy said hes trying to get a kickstarter. Make him stay true to his word.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
It looks like a nice bike to me

199cr125199

Mod Ban
Mar 3, 2009
yeah i would check it out and ask him when the last time he got a new topend and when he replaced the seals and things like that but it looks like a nice bike overall

Top Bottom