spl170_btc

May 21, 2000
Ok fokes here is the deal. My friend has given up on his RM 250 and will be buying one of the new 450s here very soon but he has no idea which one would work best for him so I told I would look around some on the net so here is the deal.

He is a big boy, 6'8'' and around 260lbs. He mostly rides trails, dunes, and once in a while an MX race. He is a novice rider who goes out just about every weekend these days.

After reading just about every single 450 shootout I can find, I am still not sure what the overall message is other then they are all good. So with that being said I would like to get some input from riders who have already made this decision, and why? What are some Pros and Cons to these bikes from the normal people that own them instead of just ride them for 2 days? Cost is not that big of a factor here because they are all in the same ballpark price range, and when it comes to fixing and maintenance, we can do just about anything to a bike that does not require a machine shop.

The bikes he is considering are the Suzuki RM-Z450, Honda CRF-450, Kawasaki KX450F, and the Yamaha YZ450F.

Simulcaster

Nov 8, 2005
If you visit a local track and have friends with these bikes maybe take a ride on each one. All the shootout's claim different winners and even then not by much. If he currently own a RM he may have a better relationship with his local Suzi Dealer.......that is always a factor. They are all great bikes.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A good local shop should be the biggest factor IMHO ... they are all good bikes. MAYBE the RMZ is a little behind (frame). Pick a color.

Dino Y

Sep 17, 2003
Don't exclude 2T if you are in just for fun a 2T is far more reliable than any 4T. If you stil wana go for the 450 then any bike is good, but for me I would go for a Yamaha or a Honda

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
From the 450 tests I've been reading the KTM has the best cockpit for a larger man and the 525 might be the best to haul his abundance around.

Top Bottom