drewstair

Oct 25, 2003
I just started riding really recently but I want to buy a bike within the next 4 months or so. I am currently riding my friend's kx 125 (89). Once I outgrow that I want to move up to a 250 2-stroke but I am not sure what to get. I don't really think I will be racing or doing any major jumps, I really just want to trail ride and go fast in open areas. Which of the big 4 should I look into? I think I want to stay away from Honda though because of the price. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks

Feb 28, 2004
Maybe Im wrong, but I think all the 250s have the same MSRP price, which is $5,899 or $5,999, assuming you will buy a new bike. I bought my 03 YZ250 brand new, but it was a leftover, and they dropped the price from $5,899 to $4,999. :yeehaw: Couldnt pass that up, especially considering how much I dislike how the gold forks look on the 04 YZ's. I know they are better forks, but I just think they look out of place on a blue bike. :think: Mike

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
IMHO they are all good/great. There is no such thing as a bad bike these days. Go for the best price, parts availability (go with a shop that is close by) and service. You cant go wrong.
just my 2 cents.

drewstair

Oct 25, 2003
Ooops, forgot to mention I am not looking for a new bike. I want to find something in the mid 90's and keep the cost under $2000.

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
you would be happier if you got a KDX i think , they are awesome trail bikes and mine will pull almost as hard as a racer . back in the woods i walk all over my buddies cr and rm but they whop up on me the staits . you can get a used KDX fairly cheap with alot of mods allready done to it . just something for ya to think about , ck out Canidian Daves site on here if you interested . peace

drewstair

Oct 25, 2003
That is one option I was considering, but as I understand it a mx bike can do both mx and trails well, while a kdx just does one really well. I want to be able to tear it up in the straights. It is all desert here so I won't be running between trees through really tight trails.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
You can find mid 90's CR's for next to nothing for a motorcycle that will still give any new bike fits. There is a 95 (?) for sale on this site for $1500. Any CR from 93 on will run w/ any of the new MXer's, in fact many CR owners often crave the 93-01 engines over the techno-sleepy 02's and 03's. The suspension is the one area that the new bikes are sooo much nicer, but for playing the older ones are fine

Top Bottom