Which one is better .. everyone vote :)

Which is better?

• Total voters

evenslower

N. Texas SP
#1 - Just enough background to give a little perspective. After seeing the 1st the 2nd seems like its missing something.

I like 'em both. Really, really clean shots, I love pictures like these. No crowding what so ever, and the clarity is AMAZING. I love photography myself, but mostly landspaces, especially rivers and forests, so I chose the first one.

and the clarity is AMAZING.
Bah! It's just a camera phone :p
Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks to everyone for the comments. Been an interesting "test" for me and actually came out just about like I thought it would (majority liking the landscape). Sometime I'll post why I think that is.

I like scenery in motocross pictures. Gives more feeling for where the rider is at on the track rather than just in a turn or in the air.

Jon K.

Subscriber
I gotta pick the first one.

For an action shot to work, there has to be context. Take out the context and it is just a pretty motorcycle.

Sort of like the TV coverage the they sometimes do of simply following a bike around an MX track. The racing is lost if we can't see the track, and the other competitors.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

The 2nd one concentrated more on the bike and the turn. But ive seen that all before what defines a pic for me is the background and scenary. Good pic

I like the first one better. I think that one showed more landscape, which was sweet, and you could see most of the picture in one screen, without having to scroll down.

I would like seein the first one so that I can tell more of the teritory, what situation the riders facing = a realistic picture. the second looked to have more intensity on the rider, more of what you can find in the magazine hype. thou I did see a kdx 200 blasting throu th trails on an offcamber single track wheelie appearing to go another 75 feet in a magazine.

the second one -its closer more in your face action
we ever going to get some mx,and supercross -(baseball) type cards made up!!!!
kids will love them too :)

#1. Causes my eye to move across the picture... brain sees more of a horizontal effect on the rider. Second picture causes my eyes to move up and down, brain converts to a more upright interpretation of the rider (not as aggressive).

I like the first one. Gives more of a feel of the action to me plus it puts the rider's torso in the center of the pic so it seems balanced to me where the second one does not.

i like the 2nd one because i can see the rider more vividly (color wise of course) and you can see his eyes staring at the camera better