Which one is better .. everyone vote :)

Which is better?

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Not in my opinion :)
Seriously tho, every shot ever taken could have been better in the photog's eyes, sometimes you just have to work with what you get, especially in non-posed (or still life) action shots :cool:

D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
My pick

I picked photo one because it makes me feel that the picture is more realistic because it makes me fell as if im actually there kneeling at the turn as the bike kicks that sweet "Chocolate cake" all over the place. Id say if u r looking for a general picture to show like on a wall or in general, go with the first one. If u r looking for something to focus on you and ur bike, go for the second one. I personally feel the first one has more "reality" in it, while the other one has more, "Expression" in it. :)

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
I like the top one it gives you more to imagine w/ the berm in the picture. but it still keeps your focus on the rider. very nice pictures though keep it up

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I like number two.

It shows alot more detail and it the dirtbike fills up most of the shoot. Shows how intense the dude is. I like how you can see the dirt slinging more clearly and the dirt looks better then the green landscape

warrior91

Jan 31, 2008
Personally the background in #1 gives depth to the picture. Focus on rider good with beautiful background that does not overpower frame.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Nice dirt!

Looks like the stuff in Burleson, TX. The dirt in AZ sucks! I remember tires lasting forever in Texas, out here they die in one weekend.

It would be nice if the guy with the camera would have taken the shot 1/2 second later and captured some roost.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I like the first better because your use of negative space. You get more of what is going on and less of just a rider on a bike

carter76112

Aug 7, 2008
number 1

I prefer the first one, it gives a better sense of motion, draws the eye to all aspects of the frame ... the soil flying away from the rear wheel, the leg thrusting forward, the lopsided grin on the helmet :-) Great pic!

zachattack1

Nov 10, 2008
Both! The first one is good for maybe just a nice picture. The second one is better for a poster.

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
I think the first is a better picture - I've been a professional photographer for 12 years....the first is balanced, and your eyes are drawn to the center. The second is off-balance, and unlike most fun action shots that look great up close, this one doesn't work. Now...if you had cropped it even closer, and cut off some of the bike/helmet......then it would work :cool:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Reply to awesome photo work

I like the first, how ever they're both excellent. The only thing that I would be bold enough to suggest is a huge mountain range in the background with 3000 wildly enthusiastic fans cheering the rider on. :yeehaw: Best Regards, Porkchop...

indypup

Nov 18, 2012
biglou said:
It's a tossup for me. I tend to favor landscape over portrait, generally speaking. I could see this one cropped tight on the bars/helmet/eyes area, also.

+1
landscape over portrait

Top Bottom