Which one is better .. everyone vote :)

Which is better?

• Total voters

Idaho525

Nov 9, 2006
#1. Causes my eye to move across the picture... brain sees more of a horizontal effect on the rider. Second picture causes my eyes to move up and down, brain converts to a more upright interpretation of the rider (not as aggressive).

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I like the first one. Gives more of a feel of the action to me plus it puts the rider's torso in the center of the pic so it seems balanced to me where the second one does not.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
i like the 2nd one because i can see the rider more vividly (color wise of course) and you can see his eyes staring at the camera better

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
#1 - Would have nailed it for me if the background had been thrown out off focus a little more. The shot gives a greater sense of the angle the bike is leaning on, the roost being generated, & the direction he's heading.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
#1 Due to showing the track more.

Z0RR0

Jul 23, 2002
First one gets my vote.
I generally prefer landscape, and the 2nd one is far too tight, but that's my personal preference.
However, the first pic gives a better sense of speed and movement because you can see where the bike is coming from and where it's going, and is closer to the rule of thirds.

Only way I'd have voted for the 2nd is if it was a tight crop on the look of the rider.

shifter48

Jan 2, 2007
The 1st one does it for me with the area to the left for the driver to be going into...Also, I always like to see the drivers face and eyes on shots like this, show how intense they are...looks like he's not slipping the clutch in the berms..how long has he been driving????
Exposure and fucus right on
Gregg

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He's been "driving" for some time I'm sure, the kid is fast.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Since this thread is still alive. I like the second one better only because it is cropped more symmetrically. I prefer a bit more of the landscape in the first picture, but the rider is off-center to the right. I think the cropping on the left is a too much, but to the right is -just right-. You get some landscape, but not too much. If only it was cropped on the left as it is to the right I think that would be money!

PS. I just cropped the left side in more on the 1st picture (mspaint) and I definitely prefer that best.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Since I had to look it up, most of the examples I saw showed much more area to the top and/or bottom of the "object" as well. Would your 1 picture benefit more from this?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom