KDX'sforever

Jan 19, 2008
Hey everyone. I just purchased a bone stock 2004 Kawasaki KDX200.Great bike. The guy who i got it from just barely broke it in, and then moved,and got out of riding. Its practically brand new. It has 1 tank of gas through it. But i wanna put a pipe on it. I want to know if i should put a pro circuit platinum 2, or fmf gnarly pipe. I also want to put a silencer on it(not a spark arrester). I want the one that makes the most raw power :yikes: . Also, does K&N make a filter for it? Thanks a lot.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
The Pro circuits fit but have heard that the FMF's are not exact and need a little help to get in the right place. Both are great pipes for performance.

yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
k&n filters are a waste of money and the paper element ones let more dirt into your engine than a nice foam one with a good filter oil. i would just stick with a uni or twin air or even a no-toil. they all have good airflow and catch lots of dirt.

firffighter

Jan 31, 2005
My brother runs a K&N on his '99 KDX200. I run a UNI on my KDX220. I dont know that K&N's are a waste of money, but I think the UNI or other foam filters are safer.

May 10, 2007
why would you not put a spark arrestor on it. your bike is made for trail riding. if you want to ride in national parks (and most club places) you need a spark arrestor. also its just the responsible thing to do. dont risk starting fires just cuz you dont wanna put a spark arrestor in its not like they are expensive if you are already buying a new silencer.

KDX'sforever

Jan 19, 2008
Well i only ride on my own private property. But your right if i ever took it anywhere i would need one, and i dont want to start a fire. So thanks for the advice

Top Bottom