380ePete

Dec 27, 2000
Well, Its time for a new top end for my 99' 380 EXC. Should I go with the OEM or the Wisco? The OEM seemed to last a real long time. If you could give me the pros and cons each, that would be much appreciated.

I searched for any threads on this topic and found none.

Thanks

ID 360mxc

Feb 24, 2001
I went three seasons on the stock piston in my 97 360 mxc.It had some blow by past the rings but still started good and ran great.I installed a wiesco piston and it seems to rev quicker,less weight.:)

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Considering OEM is over $200 for a piston kit and Wiseco is $94 I went Wiseco. Runs as good or better than the OEM and even if they don't last as long they are less than half the price of OEM. I've used them for years in my CR500's and never had a problem.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I got 2000 miles out of the OEM piston. I now have 1200 on the Wiseco Pro-lite, No Issues. Two of my 380 buddies put in Wiseco, a week after I did my top end. They do not ride as much as I do, but no issues with their bikes either! I must say the Wiseco revs a little quicker. It is noticably lighter. I'll be putting in another piston in September, before the race season resumes. I am going to try Vertex then. I think they are all good!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The vertex piston is used in some of the 2001 models as OEM-buy one from your local dealer for a lot less money than a KTM dealer will charge.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom