dohc15

Apr 20, 2010
im trying to do research on which performance reed is best or best for my style of riding ive looked at v-force reeds and boyesen reeds. i have a 2006 kx125 with a wiesco piston kit, pro circuit pipe. i ride at the track and as hard as i can. all knowledge and experiences is helpful

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
From what I've heard the Boyesen enhances mid-upper RPM performance with the V-Force increasing performance in the low-mid RPM range with enhanced torque and response.

Boyesen- Desert and MX
V-Force- Woods and SX

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
Someone said:
After last year, more and more people are liking the Chad Reed. ;)
:rotfl:

from my experience, the gains with vforce are dependent on original reed design and engine tune, they vary from excelent to medicre or none. howerver most of the times they can increase mid range or top end (sometimes carb tuning is needed to note any increase). modified engines are best suited to this valve.
the same with boyesen´s but maybe better overall response ... i tend to like more the boyesen because of the price. although they don´t have the cool looking yellow v-force 3 simbol on the left side of the reed cage :whoa:

just a PS, if the v force reed are not a perfect seal on the cage they tend to be a nightmare. good top but bad low end, idling and jetting!!!!

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Consider using boyesen dual stage power reeds in your stock cage for nearly the same performance gain at a fraction of the cost as compared to replacing the entire reed cage.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have used both the boyesen reeds and the v-force and strongly prefer the v-force. Last two bikes have had v-force reeds. Regardless of reed chosen, jetting should be done after install to achieve best results.

Top Bottom