KDXRyder200

Sep 3, 2003
As u prolly know i have a 1989 KDX200. It has a FMF Fatty Pipe,
PowerCore Silencer,and newly installed FMF Torque Reeds. I also jetted it.
My question is should i stick with the FMF Torque Reeds or should i go with
a Boyesen RAD valve this spring. I have a fast bike but i wanna know if
the RAD valve will make it faster......?

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
If you want to get a whole new reed block, get a Moto-Tassinari V-Force system. The RAD valve costs less, but not too much, and you will like the V-Force set-up much better. Basically, (correct me if I am wrong anyone) there are 4 reeds as opposed to 2 on the stock reed block and the RAD valve. The V-Force setup will give you more choice to where you want your power at (low tension and high tension) for low end or top end power. Hope this helps!

KDXRyder200

Sep 3, 2003
Ya the Moto Tassinari looks pretty cool but what is that middle bracket between the
top and bottom reed bases? But i'm sort of leaning towards the RAD Valve bcuz
i need a new intake boot and the Moto Tassinari doesn't come with one. But can i get
a FMF Ram Valve? cuz then i could just throw on the new FMF Torque Reeds i got.

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
The RAM valve is basically the same as the RAD valve from my understanding. You might be able to use the FMF reeds on a RAD valve, but I am not sure. What do you mean by Intake boot? Do you mean the rubber piece that connects the carb with the reed block? Or do you mean the actual metal piece that bolts onto the jug? If you mean the metal piece, I would go with the RAM valve (since you have the correct reeds) but if you just mean the rubber piece which I dont think you mean then get the V-Force system. Sorry for the vague description, LOL, hope that helps.

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
Forgot to add:

Go to buykawasaki.com and pull up the microfiche for your model. Get the part # on the part you need and send it to Jeff Fredette fredetteracing.com and he can order you the part, that is, if you wanted to.

Top Bottom