JoePcone

Dec 13, 2005
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a 1999 YZ 125. My buddy also has one. I understand that the stock spring is silver/gray colored. His is silver/gray . Mine is black. I was wondering if anyone knows what type of spring or what weight mine is just based upon the color. For some reason I thought that the color corresponds with the weight of springs.

Thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The std springs have colour codings on them, but they are not based on the spring colour , yours sounds like aftermarket or off another bike, you need to take it to a suspension shop and they can test the rate.

Jim Havins

Oct 30, 2001
I had a 98 and 99 YZ125. I don't remember any markings on the springs. My Honda did though. I can tell you for sure that 04 and 05 YZ's don't have any markings. I have 4 stock springs off of different bikes. They are all silver and are all different spring rates. I engrave the size on them the first time I service the shock. I wish they did have some sort of markings but I guess we can't have everything..!! Look for an MXTech dealer in your area. They will probably be able to measure them for you.

Top Bottom