rickyk22

Mar 30, 2006
I need to buy new sprockets and a chain for my 01' KX-125. So many choices, any help would be appreciated. Aluminum or steel, brand??

Also, o-ring or regular chain?\

Thanks,
Rick

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I try to do this on a budget, so I like the JT sprockets. Inexpensive and they seem to last pretty well.

As to the chain, apparently there is a bit of lost power with an ORing or XRing chain, so I'm now running a regular chain - although I doubt anyone could really notice the difference.

I bet Jaybird will jump on here about this. . . He runs this website.

http://www.mx1000.com

chevyss_98

Feb 26, 2006
im running a R1-520 gold series chain on mine, with factory sprockets (00, CR250), but its time to change the sprockets

it all depends on what you want, JT sprockets are tough and cheap, and ive never had a problem with them,

im prolly gonna go with the renthal or the JT

but look around, theres lotsa options, and you cant really go wrong... and personally i dont use O-ring, but its up to you

go with your budget

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm also now running an renthal r-1 gold chain on my cr250. it's a non o-ring chain so it spins easily with less drag. so far, i've run six long practice sessions and two motos and i haven't had to adjust it yet.

CRkev

Mar 19, 2004
is money an object?

If you can afford it, get the Sidewinder ti-moly sprockets and chain!!!!!!! It's expensive BUT, after almost 3 years my sprocket looks about a week old!! These things are indestructable. They are a titanium moly combination, they look cool also. It's cheaper in the long run. Also, NEVER buy aluminum sprockets unless you are a pro racer and a few ounces matter to you, they last no time, and, an o-ring or x-ring chain last wayyyyyyyyy longer than a standard. The standard chains stretch like crazy!!!!! Good luck.

Top Bottom