Which years had important changes?

Jack200KDX

May 17, 2004
I am new to this forum and am looking at used KDX200's in the neighborhood of $2000. This I believe will limit me to late 1990's models or older. I'd appreciate opinions of which model years I should strive for. In other words is a 1995 much improved over a 1994 etc.
Thanks for the help.

harryhuia

Nov 7, 2003
hey,

they are all basicly the same from 1989 onwards. There was a chance in the kips in 95 (i think). But apart from that they are all the same with change of graphics .etc.

Harry

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
in 89 they compleatly changed from the old style. then in 95 the changed again.the 95 has a perimiter style frame. different engine. suspention. almost everything was changed. to me u can compare the 89-94 model to the newer 1s. i have a friend who has a older kdx and my 95 has so much better handleing. theres not much difference between the power apart from more of a mid range kick. but that might be down to pipe choice. but still the older modles are dam good for what they are but for a little more money you can get something better.

RuffTrane

Jun 30, 2003
I think the other guys are right about the '94+ bikes if you have that kind of money to spend but if you found a real steal on something post '89 (and you aren't that picky) you might save yourself some money (with the price of insurance and tax up here in Ontario it makes sense from my perspective). I found a 1990 kdx 200 in mint condition with an Fatty pipe and tons of spare parts etc. and I love it. No problem keeping up with my buddy on his 220 in the woods. My main concern was to ensure there were 2 disc brakes and that it was liquid cooled when I bought a bike so I wasn't too picky I guess. There are still mods I can do on it and as a fairly new rider I'm all for learning how to fix things up....Especially the older bikes. But it's all about personal preference...No matter what you get you'll probably like it...if it's a KDX :) Good luck!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…