Whiskey Creek Classic - AMA National Dual Sport June 7-8

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
June 7-8
Whiskey Creek Classic AMA National Dual Sport
by Great Lakes Dual Sporters

Whiskey Creek Resort - Custer, Michigan (southwest of Baldwin)
WCCTitle08.gif

More information including pre-registration (pay online or send in the downloadable form):
http://www.gldsmc.org/whiskeycreek08.html
info@gldsmc.org
Jeramey @ 989-751-6863

2 Days of Fantastic Riding in the scenic Manistee National Forest.
Two separate routes, over 200 miles of riding.
A third "big bike" Adventure Route will also be available.

We are staging from the famed Whiskey Creek Resort. Access to the event includes full use of their facilities. Showers and indoor pool will be available.

Lunch on the trail, courtesy of Peacock LTD, for Saturday. Dinner provided on Saturday night at the Lodge.

Gas and alternate food stops on both loops.

This event includes miles of scenic forest roads, two tracks with a bit of single track thrown in. Nothing too challenging or technical, but fun enough to keep your attention all day.

Route sheets, maps and GPS data provided at sign-up.

Bikes & Riders must be street legal & meet Michigan's 94db sound limit. Michigan ORV sticker required (contact us if you need one).

Technical inspection/registration Friday 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM, Sat/Sun 8AM to 10AM

PreRegistration includes free event shirt!
Pre-Register: $35/day or $65/both days
Day of Event: $40/day

NO membership requirements!
AMA Membership highly encouraged and available at event.
AMA Membership required to be in the running for the new bike drawing as part of the National Dual Sport Series; Members also receive preregistration rates for day-of sign up.

Images from the 2007 event: http://www.gldsmc.org/Peep/v/2TrakR/WCC/

Free rustic camping on premises.
http://www.whiskeycreekmichigan.com/

Other lodging options:

Limited rustic cabins on-site.

Motels in Walhalla & Baldwin include:

Alpine Motel
http://www.alpinemotelus10.com/
(231) 757-2875

Lazy Days Motel
(231) 898-2252‎

Lake Forest Lodging
http://lakeforestlodge.net/

Barothy Lodge
www.barothylodge.com
231) 898-2340

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
So whats the Big Bike route like? I asume you mean for bikes like my Strom and 950 Adventures...stuff like that. Is the route 2-up rider safe as I would have my kid in tow.

The Dual sport, while fun isn't quite my cup of tea yet. But the big bike ride may be interesting. And seeing as its so close to home I could ride up for the day. Ive been wanting to try something like that and meet some local, like minded, big bike riders.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Don -

The big bike route is exactly for the VStrom, Adventure, GS & KLR crowd. It's mostly gravel, paved and hard packed dirt (very, very little sand). Should be easy for two-up riding.
All county road stuff, 150 miles (give or take). Think Scenic!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ill have to add that to my to do list. Is it diff routes for each day is one days route better than the other. Im thinking saturday would be the day I would go up there.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
We intend to have 2 routes for the ADV (like we have for the regular DS)... They are not completed yet, so I can't say for certain which will be better.
I'd recommend doing Saturday.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Update on Whiskey Creek Classic. We will now be including Breakfast at the Lodge for Sunday as part of the package.

That's 2 days of riding, lunch, dinner and breakfast, free camping, showers and indoor pool plus door prizes.

That's a Deal that's Hard to Beat!

Details on camping:
We'll be camping in the main campground, the one that's "below" the Lodge.

Participants may camp there for free - HOWEVER - electricity is _not_ included.

Anyone wanting to "plug in" will need to pay Whiskey Creek their camp fee of $25 per night.

The Resort will be providing window tags for those that opt to pay for electricity and will be enforcing this. Pretty easy to remember - don't plug in if you don't pay extra.

Registration for the Event & the Resort will be in the Lodge. Same room as Rites of Spring from days gone by. There will be waivers to sign for both the Event and the Resort, we'll have them all at registration in the Butterfly Room.

Registration is open from 7 to 9 PM on Friday and 8 to 10AM on Saturday/Sunday.

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
An excellent event, the food was great (thank you Peacock Ltd.) and the riding was even better :cool: !
We rode back into camp about 1:30 Sun. just as the clouds burst into monsoon mode (not enough goretex on the planet to keep you dry):yikes: . I felt bad for any one still out on the course, cause it had to be ugly.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Did everbody get out of the camp ok sunday afternoon? I heard the the strom washed the camps road out?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
No problem getting out of camp even for the big RVs.

There was a little water on the road just outside of camp:
fJsuc6aq74he0x2rTS0c6C1o6py25o8c0300.jpg

Top Bottom