2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Whiskey Creek Classic Dual Sport - June 9-10, 2007

More information - http://www.gldsmc.org
Email - info@gldsmc.org

Great Lakes Dual Sporters is having a Dual Sport event on June 9 & 10 staging at the Whiskey Creek Resort, southwest of Baldwin, Michigan.

This is an AMA sanctioned Dual Sport.

A couple hundred miles of excellent forest two tracks and bits of single track tied together with minimal road connectors. Over a hundred miles on Saturday & less on Sunday. Shorter loop options as well.

Great way to try out Dual Sport and see if it's something you're interested in riding. This is a laid back, your own pace, fun event.

Knock-out scenery of the Manistee National Forest is not to be missed!

Early season (pre-leaves) pictures here:
http://www.gldsmc.org/Peep/main.php/v/2TrakR/WCC/

Route sheets, maps and GPS data at sign up. No arrows or ribbon on this course.

Peacock LTD is providing lunch on the trail for Saturday.
Dinner is included at the Lodge on Saturday night.

Free field camping included. Cabins and some electrical sites are available at the Resort, motels not far away in Baldwin & Walhalla.

Street legal bikes and riders are the minimums.

AMA membership is highly encouraged and available at sign up, BUT, no memberships are required for participation. There are no riding options for ATVs, kids or unlicensed bikes at this event. Whiskey Creek does have a pool and showers.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
No ama required huh... Bonus

What kind of costs would be involved in just coming up for one day to ride?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
What kind of costs would be involved in just coming up for one day to ride?

$35 if you pre-pay (includes free shirt) or $40 on day of event.
Not a good event for your VStrom, but a fun ride for your CRF/X.

Saturday is the better (bargain) day for an 1-day ride, as that's the day we kick in lunch and dinner.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Interesting

If I could make it it would be on Sunday (wifes work schedule / kid stuff, plus 5k run on Saturday) And definately on the X. The strom is scared of the dirt...lol

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Sounds interesting 2TrakR,I used to be a AMA member but if it's not needed cool! Maybe I can get a few guy's together an come an enjoy. Also I wanted to say "Hi neighbor". As of the first of the year I came into possession of 20 acre's near the intersection of Pinconning Rd an Eastman Rd.Been hunting there for over 25 yrs so it must have been my destiny that I'd end up owning it. The MCCCT used to run through this section years ago.Lots of the trails in this area that we used to ride are no longer open I think because of private ownership an the like.Tried turkey hunting there last week, but the turkey's were having no part of it.It was my first time at it,so it was a learning experience.Looking forward to getting over there an doing some riding soon. Take care :cool:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, that's not far from my place (same Rd). Haven't ridden the area in a couple years, since the DNR put the gates up closing off access south of your property.

Hope you guys can make the ride, going to be a cool event.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Was just reminded that we don't have good directions to the event site listed on our web page... Here they are.

Directions to Whiskey Creek:

(US-131 and US-10 intersection is our starting point.)

Map (PDF) available:
http://www.vvmapping.com/public/Whiskey_Creek-Directions.pdf

West on US-10 from US-131 16 miles to Baldwin (M-37/US-10 intersection).
South on M-37 half a mile to 7th Street (Wesco Gas Station on corner).
West on 7th Street for 5 blocks to Cherry St (stop sign).
South on Cherry 1 block to 52nd/Carr/Kinney/56th (one road, many names).
West on 52nd/Carr/Kinney/56th (across RR tracks) almost 13 miles to Walhalla (makes a sweeping turn to the right; you want to turn left on Walhalla).
South on Walhalla 1 mile to Hawley (road tees).
West on Hawley 1.5 miles to Woods Rd (dirt, Whiskey Creek Sign).
South on Woods Rd 3 miles (take the right fork in the road about 2.9 miles).

Campground entrance is on the right. Electric sites are right as you enter, the free rustic camping is through the main area and to the right (will be arrowed).
The Lodge is the large building just above the main campground.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom