MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
YZMAN400 and MWEISSEN invite all MTR's and anyone else to join us for a special ride at White Cloud on Saturday, May 15. Start time 9:00am (to those that know me and my habit of being late, it'll be more like 9:30...).

This is a special event, we hope ya'll can make it!

The meeting point is in the MCCCT parking log on M-20 about 4 miles west of the M-20/M-37 junction, about 1/2 north of White Cloud.

If you plan on coming, let us know!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I will miss this, gonna try a hare scramble that weekend.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Fred T said:
I will miss this, gonna try a hare scramble that weekend.

Ouch, darn! I forgot about the Battle Creek HS being this weekend!! You picked a good one to try out!

dnrtheil

Mar 18, 2003
I'll be there, I was planning on being at my Dads in Baldwin for the weekend. Blessing of the bikes is Sunday the 16th. at the Baldwin airport.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Dang the Blessing is this weekend also. Who picked this day anyways??? Weissen!....lol

I'd much rather be in the woods with the DRN wrecking crew than hanging out at the airport with a bunch of Hardly riders.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Don - I'm figuring on being there even though Mark will not know until the last minute if he can make it.
Derek - Looking forward to a sort of reunion.
Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Your right...My bad. Good catch. I woulda been there sunday by myself. I thought the 15th was Sunday. I never even looked at a calander....lol I'll be there Saturday instead.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Guys, sorry, this looks ever more grim for me to make this - big backlog due to some contract negotiations all week. If I'm there, cool, if not, have a blast! :ride:

dnrtheil

Mar 18, 2003
Just a quick note to say I am still going. My brother, Sister-in-law and nephew will also show up later in the day. Looks like I will be riding all day, better get plenty of sleep friday night. (Black Dakota, Blue YZ)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Small trail writw up

I dont feel like typing a big sumary. So I;ll let the pictures do the talking.

I got at the staging area around 8:30am with my new ridding buddy joe. Just met him this week thru Thumpertalk.

So we get there and find quite a croud. Then I notice this blue van. Hmm who is this.

Attachments

• staging area small.jpg
    staging area small.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 92
  • inca small.jpg
    inca small.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 99

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well we geared up and hit the trail. It was wet. I mean really wet. I loved it.

Attachments

• us in the woods small.jpg
    us in the woods small.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 108
  • more ridders  small.jpg
    more ridders small.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 96

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well we made it to the end of the trail and back with no crashes or bike troubles. We were all pretty muddy and wet at the end but with smiles all around. Just another great day in Michigan.

Attachments

• group shot small.jpg
    group shot small.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 98
  • bonzi small.jpg
    bonzi small.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 100

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
PART TWO - After Lunch,
The pace was slow enough that I had no trouble keeping up. Reason being that Derek led slow enough for his nephew to follow and would stop every so often to make sure he was OK. He did well and didn't go down once or get stuck in any water holes. Not bad for a Honda 50. I can't say the same for myself. On the way back I was practicing standing up on a tight turn and missed. Nothing dramatic but the bike ended up on top of the berm with the rear wheel completely in the air and of course horizontal. I know you can't make a turn slow without tipping over but it has yet to sink in. It was a short relaxing ride to finish out the day with the best part being that Shannon and his family were sharing good times together.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom