Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
The oil drain "bung" on my buddy's 86' RM 250 is stripped. We are supposed to leave tomorrow / Thurs. for Finger Lakes, but this may hold us up. Does anyone know who can fix this? Thanks!!!

-AR

Last edited:
B

biglou

Jackyl-Did you get my Email from the KCRiders Group? Also, there is a thread in here somewhere (basic maintenance forum) that has picks of the cracked case, stripped threads and the fix that I did on my buddy's 99RM250. I'll see if I can find a link to it and post it here in a few minutes.

B

biglou

Here's the basics of it: If the stock plug is a 12mm x 1.25 thread/mm pitch, you can tap it out to 1/2-13, then use a magnetic drain plug that you can get at NAPA for about $3.50. That is just slightly oversized from the stock opening, and requires no drilling. Quick and easy fix IF the stock thread is 12mm x 1.25. That is a very uncommon size, and most are 12mm x 1.5 or 1.75 if my memory is correct.
Let me find my link and I will post it back here. What part of town are you in? I'm in Belton, you guys are welcome to bring the bike by and I can give it a go for you. I will need to know my 2PM, though, so I can bring the tap home. Just shoot me an Email or PM.

Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
NKC. I think he rigged something up for the weekend so hopefully that'll work. He may be getting a 99' KX 250 when we get back though so we'll see. Thanks a lot man!!!

-AR

Top Bottom