Who do you most look forward to meeting/riding with

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Some good friends have been made on this board and most have not even met one another let alone ride with them. DW01 is going to bring a lot of friends together for the first time. Who are you looking forward to meeting and riding with most?

I gotta say the entire Mod Squad, even Rich and Billy. Though I have met a lot of them I have only ridden with AJ and TS. But for as many hours as we have spent on the phone talking about riding I gotta say riding with Okie will be the most looked forward to for me.

Also on the list, dhoward, Bswift, Papakeith, Farmer John and yes, someone as opinionated as my self... Jaybird.

And I was really looking forward to meeting RM_Guy....maybe next year.

2 weeks from today I begin the journey... I can't let Okie get the holeshot so I am leaving early.:confused:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I really do not have a particular person in mind. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting the members I have met. Although that list is small they are truly great people who are a blast to spend time with. Some of the GasGas riders who were so instrumental in me choosing my current bike would be high on my list.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Some of the GasGas riders who were so instrumental in me choosing my current bike would be high on my list.
So you are happy with the Honda? ;)

There are just too many people to list. There is just nothing like a few days riding with 150 friends. It's not like being at a race, it can get competitive, but it's all for fun. Everyone is so glad to be there, it makes for a great atmosphere. The park owner last commented that we were the best group they ever had, all really nice people. It really is by far the most fun I've ever had on two wheels. Come to think of it, it's the most fun I think I could have on ANY vacation.

I can't wait!
(even though I proobably wont get any rest until Thump has his chance to beat me on the track :silly: )

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, I've got to meet Okie and reunite him with his old friend. SeniorKX, Rich (the mad chemist), HLGomer, AJ, Jeremy, Eric, Jeff Fredette and all the other members that see to it that I get razzed for riding a cheap bike.:p
I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting the members I have met.
I've got to agree with that statement.

Last edited:
B

biglou

Everyone! Luckily this year we'll have name tags. Last year it was hard to remember everyone's name and face! I'd like to get a spin on rwes's Cannondale :) , and maybe, just maybe, get a chance to pass the "Spodeless Bike" again!:D

Also looking forward to the Rich RoHrich/Eric Gorr seminar very much. (I spelled it right!) Think I'm gonna have to bring a note pad.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting the members I have met.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second that statement!

I'm looking forward to meeting as many members as possible. Big Lou and the KC gang come to mind, there are many others. Hell, I just hope I can put all the names and faces together! I'm so excited, that I'm finding it hard to sleep at night. The count down has begun!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Did someone mention a LIST :think , oh believe me I got a LIST :p .
On a serious note, I am SO looking forward to meeting everyone on here, traveling out with TTRguy,GSR, and Farmer John ( hope they realize I drive 80+, J/k) and spending 5 days riding from sun up to sun down! And thanks to Okie and everyone involved for putting all this together!
I gotta say the entire Mod Squad, even Rich and Billy.
CONGRATULATIONS Thump, you've just been bumped to the top of my list once again Mister:scream: .

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I wonder how Okie would feel about me listing just under 9000 names?
I am looking forward to meeting everyone, but the list that people should be concerned about is the ones I want to ride with :p
There are 3 people who are not listed as "commited" that I had hoped to meet. JG, Gomer, & Truespode.

Originally posted by billywho
( hope they realize I drive 80+, J/k)
80....why so slow?
I suddenly have a vision of TTR curled up in a fetal ball in the back of his truck - not wnting to let any one drive because all three of us use the revlimiter as our speed limit :p

Come on 9-16 (the day my journey begins)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
For me it would have to be everyone, but swapping air filters with Jer is high on the list along with having some film in the camera ;) for some hillclimbs with TTRGuy is a must do.
I can't wait any longer and yes I am sad that Gomer and Ivan will be missing this year's shindig.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I was kinda hoping to meet Gomer. Not often you get to meet a person born on the very best day of the year! :)

Anywho, I'm sure that we will all have a great time. It will probably be a ride to never forget.

Hey, Julius....don't worry man...I'm sure some of us sound a little different than our geographic location may imply. (my wife is from Mudpoke, Ky and she thinks I'M the one who sounds like Ernest T Bass.) You'll feel right at home!:D Hey and if you want to talk to any yankees, I can help translate!:p

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Like truespode my list of who I will miss most is the hard part. I was really looking forward to meeting and benchracing with the likes of Truespode, TwinSpar, Gomer, JG, and MooCow. Hopefully next year:)

As far as those being there I am looking forward to riding with anyone that is slow enough that I can at least say I rode in their dust cloud. I can't wait to put faces with the likes of Patman (remember always look him in the eyes:scream: ), Thump, and the other mods I haven't met yet. As to the other 120+ others there they are all in that can't wait to meet category also.

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Oldguy is the ONLY person on my list. He's bringing me some beer. :) Seriously, there are way too many people to list. I'm looking forward to the BS that's gonna be flying. The sad part is that the biggest BSers in the group aren't gonna be there.

Vintage Dirt, zio, Longtime, Ol' 89er, FC22, and literally dozens of other people are on my "miss" list. Oh well, maybe next year.

He said "Mudpoke". :)

Jaybird, I'm a Yooper/Kalifornia/DC refugee. The first ten years I lived in Bama, EVERYBODY I met looked at me like I was an alien and asked "Where you from ?".

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Oldguy is the ONLY person on my list. He's bringing me some beer. :)

It is in the garage waiting to be packed 1 case Honey Weiss, 12 pack Creamy Dark Lager, 6 pack Berry Weiss and 6er of Oktoberfest lager.

BTW I am going to help kill these soldiers;)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Without Ivan running around, I guess if some says motorcycle parts? He or she must need parts.

:D

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Oldguy, YOU DA MAN!!! I'll bring the ice and a bigass cooler. (And the sheep).:cool:

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Julius Pleaser,
That is truly an august bunch of BSers on your "miss" list. However, in looking over the list of those who are attending, I find that there are any number of people who are quite capable of taking up the slack. I won't name names. Okie has threatend to ban me aready once this week.

See ya there :)

Joy

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I personally an looking forward to meet in person Canadian Dave .. Yeah I feel like I have known the guy forever and we have never met in person.

Also looking forward to seeing all the people I got to meet last year and meeting the poeple who weren't there last year.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by oldguy

It is in the garage waiting to be packed 1 case Honey Weiss, 12 pack Creamy Dark Lager, 6 pack Berry Weiss and 6er of Oktoberfest lager.

BTW I am going to help kill these soldiers;)

Oldguy, I'll have plenty of room in my fridge if you need a place to store it ;)

JUSTQL, So I won't be the only one representing the Spanish this year!

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wish I could be there!

I’ve been trying to stay out of this forum cuz it’s just to painful.:( I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. Oh well, tomorrow’s another day. Luckily some of us easterners have been getting together to ride and will hopefully have a yearly fest.

Have fun everyone but not too much fun ;)

BTW,
I hope there is some water out there so Papkeith can give some swimming lessons :p

Man, I have to stay out of here. I’m running out of Kleenex

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Man RM_guy! You've got to stop this.

Everyone is going to think that I'm a spode or sumthin'!

Oooh, wait a minute . . . I forgot . . . I am a spode!! :confused:

carry on.:)

Top Bottom