Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Good friends are made here and most of us have note ever met face to face. I don't know about you but I am getting pumped because not only do I have Cooperland for a week, I get to ride with some of my best buds that I met last year at DW, but I also get to meet some of my buddies that I have not ever met before.... does any of this make sense? And this will be the 1 year anniversary of the psycho-ex being cut from my life like a cancer. :yeehaw:

My list is too long to type as for the ones I look forward to riding with.... how bout' I just say all of you. :thumb:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I look forward to riding with everyone that's there and disappointed that I won't get to ride with the rest. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Like I would be able to name a few? I'm looking forward to riding with everyone.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
So, Thump, I guess if we are on walkers/crutches/wheelchairs we are chopped liver?

*Milk pouts*

:moon:

B

biglou

What's really cool, is that I have ridden with almost everyone that is going already. There are a few that I haven't been roosted by yet, though: Vintage Dirt, SFO and FE_Princess, Thumbs and Elkarello, and a few of the Oklahoma gang I haven't met yet, and a couple others I am sure I am forgetting.

Now, the ones that I am going to miss riding with: PapaK :( , Pred (There's still time left, tick-tock-tick-tock...) Nikki and Red (I have a feeling they'll be there one way or the other), zio :( ,and again, without memorizing the list, there are many others that I wish would be there. Roughly 17, 900 members! That would be one big ride, wouldn't it?!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
luckily, i do alot of the regional/heartland spode rides throughout the year. i figure outside of dw01, i've probably ridden with 40+ members. so that makes not getting to ride this year, a little less painful.

poor milk, he gets hurt before he gets to ride with anyone . :(

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I want to ride with Billywho or at least near him. Might pick up a few good pointers. I hope Patman rides a bit more this year. I just rode the 426 in the back pasture and hope to do it every evening over the next few weeks so I'll be ready for some woods at DW. Not so sure I'll ride the track much but I will have to a few times. Like MX547 said, our regional rides have been an absolute blast. DW is just the culmination of great people gathering for great fun. I'm psyched up BIG TIME. Maybe I should go paint a few more signs.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I agree... EVERYONE! I know I don't really talk to alot of you personally, but there are some I have personal correspondence with and am looking forward to meeting face to face. BigLou and BSwift to name a couple and everyone's whipping boy Elk. I know we never have really had a dialogue, but I really gotta meet ya dude! :thumb:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I don't think I got a chance to ride with Julius last year, although I vaguely remember meeting him. I will miss riding with MX547. Chasing AJ around was fun (and a real challenge). BSWIFT, I hope you heal up well, no pressure from me to ride the mx track if you don't feel comfortable...

many others I met last year but didn't really ride with.

Did anybody talk OFFROADR into showing up? He rocked! (although I missed his "cookout" night!)

anybody heard from RAYOVAC or JOHNNYKY?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I want a ride with motometal in the woods. ;)

I look forward to riding with mx547......uh ok.......tx246.......no, uh.........milk......uh, maybe.........uh........any body thats healthy at this point. :ugg:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am looking forward to a weeks worth of riding, but I am REALLY looking forward to the bench racing and campfire chats. I do not plan to spend much time (if any) on the MX tracks. So I may not be able to ride with everyone, but I am going to do my best to meet a lot of people. I will be a DW rookie at Cooperland.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by mx547
poor milk, he gets hurt before he gets to ride with anyone . :(

Hey!! I actually did ride with some of the spodes at Cooperland a couple of months ago on the pre-DW ride. I ahd a blast and Im mad that I cant ride at DW wit heveryone. This will give me a chance to talk to people though and let everyone figure out how geeky and stupid I am though. :)

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Hey milk, just cause you're in a wheelchair doesn't mean you can go without gear. I'd still wear the chest protector, helmet, gloves, knee braces and boots. The boys won't roost you any less because of your 'condition'

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Ha! Those butthole Medics at the track cut my CP off me (they didnt realize it fastened,) cut my jersey and pants off too, and I shattered my knee/shin pads. :( Im down to boots, gloves, helmet, and goggles.

I can eat roost as well as the next guy and I have proven it many times on the track!! :moon:

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
I just look forward to riding. I dont know most (ok...any) of you, but l look forward to it just the same. I am not used to riding with anyone at all (I know it is dangerous...) as I have no riding buds. I probably wont spend any time on the track as it is not my thing (I wish it was though), and hopefully I can hook up with some leisurly paced woods riders like myself (read: tubby and slow :) )
I am stoked for October to get here.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
ive ridden with 4 other DRN members, but only 1 of them is going to DW. I Just cant wait to ride for a whole week at Cooperland :yeehaw: meeting all you guys just makes it even more cool :aj: :yeehaw: :aj: That elk feller though, i think he is going to be mr. popular at DW.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Elk is my hero! :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Like fatherandson, this is my first DW.
I'm just looking forward to riding and meeting new friends. It is kinda wierd, but after spending the last months getting to know each of you over the web, it will be fun putting reality with perception. Not that it really matters, we are of the same tribe, so in reality I already know everyone.
I too am going to miss the members of the tribe that can't make it.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Whoa, nobody said anything about reality. So you mean I won't be able to the fastest, most knowlegable, best looking once I get there? Sheesh, that should've been on the mail-in forms somewhere.

Actually I am really looking forward to meeting you folks. I've only been in NTX for about a year and a half and only have two guys that I ride with regularly and neither of them is going so I'm really glad to be able to ride with and talk smack with some new folks.

Hey motohead00, how about some cracklins and dried shrimp? Help out a transplanted cajun!!!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'm not looking forward to riding with any of you, bunch of losers!
Oh gosh, I've posted in the wrong forum again. :p

Seriously, I'll be a virgin at DW too but I have had the pleasure to meet & ride with about 25 to 30 members at various places & events so far. They say there is always a a$$hole in every crowd but so far I've liked everyone I've met. Uh oh, maybe I'm the a$$hole :flame: :moon:

I think my 1st priority is to meet up with TTRGuy and convince him there aint gonna be no Woodstock III at DW :p

I can't wait till it's time but I can't believe how quick the wait has been, I just hope the week at cooperland slows down to real time.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
There are more than a few names I'd like to put a face with. I really hate that Red and Nikki are gonna wuss out and not go. PK and Pred, too.

I really wanna meet Elk, cuz I've never actually seen fruit-flavored bacon. :p

Moto, we rode together. . .I was 8 laps behind you.

Dirtweek is an anniversary of sorts. It'll be two years (almost to the day) since I had a b*tchectomy. :thumb:

Jeff - LOL!

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
evenslower,

Would you settle for some cracklins and boudin? I was planning on bringing some up there. Now if ( :worship: ) someone could help a misplaced Texas boy (me) and bring some chorizo for some chorizo & egg burritos in the mornings, man I would be in heaven! DW, Cooperland, great riding, friends and chorizo & egg burritos! Could it get any better? :yeehaw:

I will look into the dried shrimp as well.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by Mikeb
Anybody slower than me .. If there is such a thing. :eek:

Yup... that would be me. I figure it was time to quit worrying about speed at my last harescramble. I was hooked up and rolling, then a kid on a PW 50 passed me on the inside eating a tuna fish sandwich. :confused:

Top Bottom