weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
That was nice and I appreciate it. (you will know what I mean)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I know who (that is if its the same thing your talking about) but i'm not gonna tell. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Walt it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!!:)

I hope your staying warm. It got down to -21 here last night (Friday night). It was -15 by 8:30 PM:eek:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
My Durango Toasted its transmission the day AFTER that cold blast...wonder if the cold kept it from being lubed properly....It was COLD!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Most likely, my Dakota would not go into drive once in awhile when super cold and then shifted very hard. Now my Ram feels like there is no power steering for the first few turns on these single digit days.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It's probably the cold. My Dakota wouldn't shift into overdrive this morning (-10) but was fine on the way home.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
My dealer said there was a tech bulletin about lubrication problems at cold temps when the transmission shifted into overdrive. I read that as when it was the 20 below night, and I had to get to work at 3am (to drive my Cortland County Snowplow!!!) and took off down the hill.....the trans shifted into OverDrive cause of low load AND...dropped fluid pressure down to low to where things didn't get lube for that 2 miles...problem exaserbated by thick cold trans fluid..and toasted the damn thing. Pump stuck. Reverse clutch pack toast. Overdrive toast...all things at the end of the lube priority...

So now its up to the warrentee folk to argue over the $3400 dollar bill.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
My dealer said there was a tech bulletin about lubrication problems at cold temps when the transmission shifted into overdrive. I read that as when it was the 20 below night, and I had to get to work at 3am (to drive my Cortland County Snowplow!!!) and took off down the hill.....the trans shifted into OverDrive cause of low load AND...dropped fluid pressure down TOO low to where things didn't get lube for that 2 miles...problem exaserbated by thick cold trans fluid..and toasted the damn thing. Pump stuck. Reverse clutch pack toast. Overdrive toast...all things at the end of the lube priority...

I KNEW by North Main Street I was in trouble because the transmission was slipping real bad after trying to shift into OD. Came to a stop. I ran the shifter from reverse to foward gears and things appeared to come back to life. Drove the rest of the way to work (aproxx one mile) trans shifted fine. Put the Durango in the heated bay my Plow Truck came outof....worked until 1:00pm...forgot all about the Durango issue. After my shift was done I drove home. Trans shifted fine...but when I got back to the garage at home I listened carefully and heard a slight rumble. Shifted it into reverse. The rumble was louder. Shut it off.Next day took my trusty old Suburban to work and stopped at the dealer. Dropped it off that night. Shifted fine and all...then the dealer started it up and the leaking started. Pumped half the fluid out right there. From the pump seal at the front of the transmission. I guess I'm not the first. There is a Jeep with the same motor transmission deal there as well. My bet is this gets to be an epidemic this next cold spell.

So now its up to the warrentee folk to argue over the $3400 dollar bill.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry! Hope they fix it for you. I just smashed the front end of my truck up yesterday on a big sign and guardrail. Damn the ice!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom