Sep 8, 2006
Hey guys. I recently bought a used bike (2000 RM 125) which was sold to me with a stock pipe on it. However, the previous owner must have been running an aftermarket pipe because the carb jetting is pretty off. I do not own a manual but I am ordering one along with some new jets. If anyone here owns this manual could you please verify the stock jets for me? Here is what I have found online.....

(Stock)
Main-172
Pilot-58
Needle-Deg48

(What I have)
Main-172
Pilot-50
Needle R147

If anyone could help me that would be great. I have already checked the jetting links and have not come up with much. Below is the link to the carb page of Bikebandit.com. By the way, I am running really rich and I am attributting this to the wrong size pilot. I am also getting a delayed response from the throttle. At any rate, I would like to know that I have the stock jets before I start adjusting.

Thanks,
Michael Averett

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandi...del_dept_id~988043~model_dept_name~RM125Y.asp

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
You need specs for your 2000........a 96, 97, 98 or 99 will most likely be different. The 50 pilot that's in it is leaner than the stock 58, this may be the reason for your low-end hesitation. Perhaps your needle positioning is too rich, or the main could be leaned out. Be patient, someone here should be able to get you close........but check out the jetting topics here to get you dialed-in once you're close. Keep in mind your areas altitude and temperature. Getting it running crisp during these hot days will leave it too lean this fall. Generally, jetting for 60-90 degrees will need to be re-adjusted when hotter/cooler.

Sep 8, 2006
Thanks for your reply. I listed 96-00' because they each share the same Clymer manual. I have checked all over the internet for specs and I have found what I believe to be accurate info I just really wanted it to be verified by someone who has the manual.

Thanks,
Michael Averett

MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
I have a 98 RM 125 and the jetting is as follows:

Main: 175
Pilot: 55
Needle: 1470
Clip: 4th
Air Screw: 1

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Sep 8, 2006
Thanks. That is a bit different from what I found on the internet but I am not surprised. Just to be sure, I am assuming that the 98' has the Keihin PWK 38mm carb? If so, that answers all of my questions.

Thanks,
Michael

Top Bottom