• Hate that little dork in Bikini Bottoms

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Who is SpongeBob?

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
If things aren't goofy enough in the world today, SpongeBob and his trusty sidekick Patrick seem to be taking over the free world. I'm no different, my kids turned me on to this about a year ago and I actually watch the show pretty regularly...when nobody else is home...I'M HOOKED! Who else is ready to come out of the Bikini Bottoms closet?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
:aj: I've got one of the DVD's too. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
SpongeBob is okay, but I have not yet grasped the physics of that mystical place called Bikini Bottom. I mean, SpongeBob and Patrick go to the beach, where there is water, but they can't swim. Now riddle me this: How come they can't swim when they already live under water? And how come there's water under water that's different from the water they are already in? And doesn't anyone eat anything besides crabby patties? Why is Plankton the only plankton in an ocean that should be teeming with plankton? And why is Squidward always so grumpy? And why does Gary meow? And how the hell did that squirrel get down there in the first place?

Spongebob frightens and confuses me . . . :confused:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by Green Horn
:aj: I've got one of the DVD's too. :)

We've got uh, four DVD's w/ the Christmas one on VHS.

My favorite episode yet is the SB vs. Patrick in the wrestling ring. <Patrick voice on> MY NAME IS NOT RICK....AAARRRGGGHHH!!!<Patrick voice off>

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I've seen them all :confused: ! Some are way better than others, I'm sick of seeing the "wormy" episode

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
Now riddle me this: How come they can't swim when they already live under water? And how come there's water under water that's different from the water they are already in? And doesn't anyone eat anything besides crabby patties? Why is Plankton the only plankton in an ocean that should be teeming with plankton? And why is Squidward always so grumpy? And why does Gary meow? And how the hell did that squirrel get down there in the first place?

Wow, that Flu really got to you Pred! :ugg:

Here's your answers.

1. We live in air but cant fly, similar thing to Spongebob and water.

2. The water under the water is simple, The water in Bikini bottom has a higher salinity than the water above them in the ocean. This is caused by all the rain the top half receives.

3. They dont eat anything beside Crabby Patties because eating anything else would be canibalism. Nobody there likes crabs so they are safe to eat.

4. The filter feeding whales gorged themselves wiping out the plankton.

5. Squidward is always grumpy because he has to take third place to Spongebob and Patrick.

6. Gary Meows because he's hoping if he pretends to be a kitten his life might end soon due to Lou. Thus ending his misery caused by living in Bikini Bottom.

7. That squirrel got down there by stealing ~D's bike and riding to Bikini Bottom.

Got it? Good! :thumb:

Endless Mike

Oct 30, 2003
"Ahhh, thy acosted stove hath burned my finger, feel thy wrath stove!" "What did I tell you, TRAINEE!" "Perfect patties are made with love, not magic"

Cable is $90 a month, all I watch is Spongebob and Sopranos :)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
With 3 kids ages 3-9, it's not hard to catch an episode.

The one I saw had the whacked-out disco blaring, strobe light stompin', jellyfishes-on-parade shroom-fest.

If that show had been on during college, I may have very well been a 7th year senior...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my kids watch it.

i prefer courage the cowardly dog. i think the guy that writes it is on acid.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
We've got uh, four DVD's w/ the Christmas one on VHS.

Yep, I'm thinking my family needs to add a couple more DVD's and make it a Spongebob library. :) As for favorite episodes, I'll have to go with Sailor Mouth , and Hooky. :thumb:

i prefer courage the cowardly dog. i think the guy that writes it is on acid.

You ain't kiddin'. The person writing that cartoon has GOT to be in an altered state of some sort. I usually don't let my 4 yr old watch just because it has that "uber creepy" vibe. :)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
My daughter loves the show. I guess she could be watching worse things. I am more of a Johnny Bravo fan myself. :thumb:

Can't call 'em hamburgers around my house anymore. According to the Hurricane (my daughter) there is even a defined combination of condiments that make up a Crabby Patty. We have to ensure that all the appropriate garnishes are available when dad starts grillin'.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Oh yeah, this summer we didn't have hamburgers as far as the 5 year old was concerned...they were all crabby patties.

All the 2 year old has to hear is the opening song and he comes running, yelling "bungebob, bungebob". Straight up SpongeBob mania here at the casa.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Lou; Is Angry Beavers still on? Great character play between the very different personalities.

My favorite Spongebob is the "Jellyfish Fields" episode. Spongebob gets overloaded with everyday life and decides he is just going to escape and live at Jellyfish Fields. Of course, the fantasy turns out to be quite different from the reality.

That episode demonstrates the futility of running away from one's problems, and also strikes a chord with anyone who has listened to "Freebird" and dreamt of becoming a mountain man.

B

biglou

I catch an episode about once a month or so. Not sure what the schedule is for it, or if it even has a schedule. Last one I saw was the prizes in the cereal episode. Classic! I also like the "Stump" episodes! "Stump here is quite the accomplished spee-lunker!!!"

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Big Spongebob fan here. My personal favorite if you can catch it is Invader Zim. An alien attending 2nd grade on earth.

I also can't turn off an episode of Dexter's laboratory.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? [sponge bob square pants]
Absorbent, yellow and porous is he! [sponge bob square pants]
His nautical nonsense be something you wish. [sponge bob square pants]
So drop on the deck and flop like fish.
[sponge bob square pants, sponge bob square pants, sponge booob square paaants]

Never heard of it.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by gxdragon
His nautical nonsense be something you wish. [sponge bob square pants]

THANK YOU! I still hadn't figured out what the heck they were saying in that part of the song. :)

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I have Sponge Bob underwear and necktie. And yes, I do wear them both.

But I'm still a Bugs Bunny fan and always will be. Oh... Ren and Stimpy too. :thumb:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
A couple weeks ago I realized that Sponge Bob has all of the mannerisms of a female, which explains why the girls like him. I'm and Ed, Edd & Eddy fan myself I also like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Top Bottom