• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
OK Keep in mind nothing is carved in stone yet, as I have to check availablity and prices. There is some interest in race fuel and I have a shop that is willing to let me bring gas to DW to sell. So far there seem to be two kinds of fuel that peeps are wanting, VP Ultimate 4 and VP C-12. I can only bring one drum, and maybe a few 5 gallons of a different type. What do I get? Who wants it and how much?

Right now I only know the cost of the VP c-12 (if I get a 55 gallon drum) and that is $6/gallon. I called the bike shops and they are selling it for $7-7.5 a gallon!

Will have the price for Ultimate 4 in a little bit when the guy gets back from lunch.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A 5 of Ultimate 4 for me please.

B

biglou

Haha, I'd love to try some Ult.4 but since everything race fuel related I touch refuses to run, I'll just run my premium pump swill instead of kicking and changing brass all day! :laugh:

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Might try the good stuff. No more than a gallon I'd say.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
This brings up a question, how much gas did you guys burn up a peice last year, is a full tank and ive gallons enough or should I bring another 5 gallona, (I have been using union76 race gas and I havent seen ot anywhere else)

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Haven't tried any of the VP fuels but thought about buying some before. I have been real happy running 100 octane low lead aviation fuel with maxima 927, $2.5 a gallon makes a good a alternative, just go to your local airstrip and look for the FBO - Fixed Base Operator, most have a card reader just like at the gas station. My bike runs pretty sour on 91 pump gas.

Cheers

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Fly! You know it and I really like it when I'm ready for it. The low lead is supposed to make the motor run cooler to. Folks that are following say it has a different smell to it but that may or may not be the bike. Wish I could make this DW but too far away for me, you guys have fun and be safe.

HobRoff
'02 KX 250 Pro circut pipe, rad valve, little suspension work. Hopefully will get the cylinder and head to Eric Gorr this winter

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by BEEF706
This brings up a question, how much gas did you guys burn up a peice last year, is a full tank and ive gallons enough or should I bring another 5 gallona,
I went through about 15 gallons last year between my 125 and Tiggers 60. I have 20 gallons on C12 this year

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I would purchase a 5gal can of Ultimate4.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
It's a NO GO guys sorry. Ultimate 4 looked like the popular choice but isn't at the Dallas warehouse. And if I ordered it from the distribution in SA, it wouldnt' get here in time. I tried!!!!! :whiner:

Last edited:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Seems like there are Distributors of Phillips 66 race fuels in every town in Oklahoma. I can make some calls tomorrow and see what drum prices/availability would be on an oxygenated fuel. Don't know what they call theirs now. If there is enough interest we can make a road trip. I will rethink my packing strategy and if I can squeeze it on the trailer I will bring some Ultimate4. It doesn't look real promising. I can get 30 gallon drums for the same price and maybe I could duct tape one on each side of the trailer

transsports

Sep 21, 2003
Hey guys we sell Phillips 66 B32/tracktek/111. We sale this fuel for $4.25 a gallon. We will have 5 drums (55 gals) of race fuel and 1 55 gal of regular fuel for generators etc. We paid a vending fee 6 months ago and we have been planning for this and will have plenty. We also will have both of our Transsport trailers there. Just call or e-mail us if you are not sure what all we offer. We looking forward to this week and are here to give the riders all the support they might need. My name is Mike, my wife's name is Micki and Ricky runs the other trailer. We will all be there.

transsports

Sep 21, 2003
Our numbers are Shop 405-262-0300 and after hours that transfers to Mike's cell phone or you can call Ricky 405-850-0202. E-mail address is transsports @aol.com. Either one of us will be glad to help you. Call any time.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
TransSport will be the ONLY Gas vendor at DirtWeek, they are a paying sponsor of DirtWeek and they have already stocked up as they were told they would be the only ones there selling gas, parts etc. Blackhawk, do not bring gas to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom