camrider

Jan 24, 2004
I finally got the time to ride my YZ426 today. Who in the world needs the power that this bikes put out! There is really no need to have a gear higher than 3rd. You (not me!) could clear any Supercross jump made in 3rd gear - or less.

It's gonna take a while to get used to this kind of power. I'm not used to "twist-of-the-wrist" wheelies in 1st & 2nd gear.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It comes in handy in those deep loomy corners with ruts. Take it to an outdoors track and you'll hit 4th, but probably not 5th. 5th is nice out in the open desert and riverbeds.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
There's an old hotrodders saying that goes something like......
"Too much horsepower is still not enough."
I was sorta hoping that they'd make a WR660F.
Got tired of waiting though and bought a 650R. :laugh:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
camrider said:
I finally got the time to ride my YZ426 today. Who in the world needs the power that this bikes put out! There is really no need to have a gear higher than 3rd. You (not me!) could clear any Supercross jump made in 3rd gear - or less.

It's gonna take a while to get used to this kind of power. I'm not used to "twist-of-the-wrist" wheelies in 1st & 2nd gear.

Take it off the track and hit some trails! You'll findout what 4th and 5th gear are for. :yeehaw:

T 07

Troll
Mar 23, 2002
Up the gearing and put it on the street - you'll be looking for more power.

About time someone brought out a twin.....(didn't aprilia have something?)

pit bull

Mar 7, 2004
yeah im just getting off a kx250 and i thought the same thing at first,the power was incredible,i thought it was way faster then my kx but after getting use to it,i think the 2 stroke was as fast if not fast on certain technical sections of the track.im sure the rider makes the most difference but the 4 stroke torque probably gave me the impression it wasfaster because it was hooking up,who knows?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Mo Power! It's just fun. You will eventually use that power and the other 2 gears. LOL

Top Bottom