Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Please post here if you are needing to borrow a bike, so we can start matching riders up with bikes. For instance I have a '98 XR200 that can go to a woman in need. I want to make sure we have enough. I may even be able to arrange for one or two more myself.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I talked to Little_T today, he is still trying to get his own bike but he doesn't have one yet and may still need a loaner. I'll let you know ASAP.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
I PM'd E-ticket about the possibility of my brother-in-law trying the 'old' 400 he want to sell but haven't heard back. :whiner:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey 'dere Dirty Dave!

Yes, I still have the 02 KTM 400 MXC. Low miles, great condition, tons of extras. Asking only $4950. as I want to get it sold quickly.

Let's hook up and get you or your brother-in-law a test ride. Home phone: 503-701-2784 Cell phone: 503-701-2784

C'mon Reno... can't wait!! - RandyB

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey Dirty-Dave,

Color me a dork... but I just realized that you're in California and I'm in Oregon.

"yeah... I'll just drive over Saturday morning..!" ack, what a doof. <grin>

What are your plans for bikes at MoonRocks? Are you going to try to get your BIL a ride?

Cheers! - Randy Burress

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
'morning E-Ticket... yes B-I-L still needs a ride. I was planning on hauling over a friends' ( who can't get there 'till Saturday late) CR250 but it might not be out of shop by the time we leave for Reno Fri morn. He put new lower end in and now won't shift past third gear... Regardless, BIL will show with riding gear and hope for the best... He was really hoping to check out your KTM if it didn't sell. I'm sure there will be a crowd around your new 450 most of the weekend too.
How was the indoor MX by-the-way?

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Howdy Dave!

Indoor was a ball - even more fun when we came home with no body or bike parts tweaked! :confused: As small as the areana is we still enjoy doing as it gives us a chance to try different riding techniques.

It's a 1200+ mile round trip for us to haul my 2002 KTM 400 MXC down to Reno. If the buyer is very serious - as in, this is the model/features/price they want... and if the bike is in good condition they will but it -- we would haul it down. But for just a casual "would like to see it" .... probably not.

Any idea on how serious your BIL/son is in the bike? If you/they want, I can send a couple of pics via email.

Here's the specs again: 2002 KTM 400 MXC. Low miles, excellent condition. Expert, gentle break-in will all maintenence done on schedule. Using Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40. Extras: KTM Handguards and skidplate. 13/52T gearing (also have unused, stock gearing), Panorama Trail-Tech computer, hardened rear-wheel spacers, Enduro Engineering clutch cylinder guard, springs are one-step stiffer than stock (.46/PDS-3, have stock .44s), KTM tool kit and owner's manuals. Also have EXC headlight shell. Bike is cleaned, tuned, and ready to ride. Bought it new at start of 2002. Price is $4950 (fiirm). Priced to sell so I can pay off the 450. :eek:

If your BIL is on the fence - mention that he could show up with his riding gear - and go riding all weekend on his new bike! :thumb:

Here's a pic of it at November's Elsinore Grand Prix... had a ball! :yeehaw: We're planning on doing it again this fall for 2003.
http://www.mxphotos.com/orderphoto.asp?picture_id=A9B2CBCF-D913-4681-B96D-159279409FE0
http://www.mxphotos.com/orderphoto.asp?picture_id=61A87905-045A-4070-A4F4-C9D495945FE1

Yeah, you'll have to try out my 450. It's not night-n-day better than the 400.... just a couple of nicer touches here-n-there.

Cheers! -- Randy Burress

Last edited:

steph

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
Strick,

My wife and I are thinking of joining the Reno Ride this weekend. She is in between bikes, and we have been looking at XR200s-----is that bike still available to borrow/rent, perhaps even buy?? We'd like to take you up on the offer if still available---We plan on riding Sat, Sun, and Monday, back to the Bay area Monday afternoon/eve. I've emailed you as well on this matter. Thanks, Pete and Steph

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Originally posted by E-Ticket
Howdy Dave! :eek: If your BIL is on the fence -

My BIL is an 'A'Vet when it comes to fence riding ;) :laugh: (If you get to meet him don't tell 'im I said that :p ) Don't bring the bike on his account. That is a long haul. Well... Probably see ya' at the Friday nite Mex dinner.

steph

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
Awesome! See you this weekend....emailed you a reply....2 more for dinner Saturday night if vacancies still exist. :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom