jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
By the way Susan, did you really sign up in the beginners class?!? You sandbagger!!! :) :p

Oh, and remind Randy that he needs to fix your throttle (it is way to hard to twist) and your handguards (he needs to bend them back straight).

;)
Pierre

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
I signed up in the "Over 125cc" class...I'm not even signed up as a "Beginner" at Elsinore, am "Novice" there. I'm not the sandbagger!!! Ooops, don't let Jennifer change classes on me there or I'm doomed.
-Susan
BBR230

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
From Pierre: "Oh, and remind Randy that he needs to fix your throttle (it is way to hard to twist)"

Haha, so that's why I can't go as fast as Jennifer???

-Susan
BBR230

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
Scoring is still being worked out. It's going to be unofficial for a little longer. Lots of the ladies didn't specify a class so the scorers are noodling through it.

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Hi Loco,
Just to be sure on the classes thing, there was a spot which I thought only applied to the Youth category for A, B or C skill level - I didn't put anything but should be in the middle if that's what was meant....
I figured everyone on the first start line heat was in the same class? Or was there something else I missed?
-Susan Post
BBR230

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
We didn't plan to A/B/C for the women's classes because we did not know if there would have been enough riders for the breakouts. We will next year for sure.

The ladies race were: Line #1 Over 125cc, Line #2 85-125cc and Line #3 Beginners.

The scorers had a few problems with the classes because many riders didn't select one of the above as their class at entry. If you send an e-mail to: youthcc@ama-d36.org or ABeauparlant@msn.com D-36 should get right back to you regarding the clasess, etc.

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
Great job Susan and Jennifer!

I've checked out the results, but am confused. How exactly does the scoring work??

Susan - Can't wait till Dick Jagow! You're still planning on being there right?

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
The scoring system shows how you did in your class and overall in the race you were in. For your race #4, there were 52 riders. The checkered flag goes out when the race scorers anticipate the race leader will cross the line at 45 minutes. Some riders end up finishing a little earlier than 45 minutes, some later. The scorers also take off minutes from the starting line delays. If you were in line 3, you started 2 minutes after the first row. After you complete all your laps the computer then deducts 2 minutes from your time to make it accurate.

Scoring is then sorted by laps then total time. Riders with 5 laps are shown with the quickest times to the slowest times, after that the riders are listed with 4 laps, then 3, etc. The riders in front of you may have a higher time, but they would have finished more laps.

Dirt Diva

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2003
Well I may have met some of you gals and don't know it. The Furnace Hare Scramble was my first race, I think I did ok. I have only been riding since June and it was my 7th time riding ever. My number was 389 and I was in the beginners class. After the 3rd lap I didn't think it was so great but when I saw the checkered flag on the 4th lap I wanted to SING! I was so happy it was over! I live in Sacramento and am used to the heat but PC is the desert! I know I saw mirages of some tropical oasis out there. I kept riding to them but never got there! All kidding aside, I really did have fun. Riding dirtbikes and racing is something I NEVER thought I would do but now I am addicted! I loved the all womens race for my first experience. It made it less intimidating. Now that the bumps and bruises are healing from my 4 crashes I am ready to get back out there! ;)

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Gosh, I feel like until I give my furnace experience, I'm not fit to reply to any posts, anywhere.
The whole operation was top notch. Very organized registration and everyone was so friendly. It was great meeting Susan and Jennifer.
Thank you so much Dennie!!!
I had a funny feeling the whole drive to Folsom.
It didn't feel like I was going to have some fun, but rather that feeling you have when you know you're getting your wisdom teeth out.
I should have listened to myself and to Bill. He gave me ample opportunity to turn around, but I felt like I had something to prove to myself.
I went out for a practice lap and I felt like I'd never been on a dirt bike. It was hotter than hades :p out there, I was tight and overwhelmed.
I was working myself into frenzy for no reason. I wasn't having fun and could have just coughed up that I felt scared and went home, but alas, I had to do the race since I was here.
Dead engine start and of course my bike didn't start until the 6th kick. Meanwhile everyone is long gone and I'm already defeated. I was just getting more frustrated and had all my attention on what I wasn't doing instead of having fun. I had a bad attitude and my riding suffered. I mean there wasn't really anything really challanging out there but I was making mistakes left and right. I fell over a few times, but really crashed hard on the section which cuts on the MX track. It was a left hand turn and the inside of it was a hill and I went straight up it, flipped over the bike and landed full force on my knees with my calves extended out sideways. My knees looked like grapefruits when I got home and haven't been the same since. I believe that I pulled the ligaments and 'am still sore and stiff. :whiner:
I've gone riding out at Sand Hill on their Friday Night Practice, and I feel the hesitation I have about riding inevitably leads to crashing. I think I just need a good, long trail ride in Stoneyford to cure what ails me :yeehaw:
I'm really glad I went and I learned a lesson. Do only those things that are FUN :flame: .

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Fe Princess, you just described my exact feelings for why I chose not to race the Ladies MX at Dirtweek this year. I kept to the woods and had all kinds of fun. 'nuff said.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey FE... don't be too hard on yourself...

We *ALL* have days/races like that. I've been a trail one weekend flying along like the king of the world.... come back 3 weeks later on the same trail and spend the whole day running into stuff or taking soil samples.

Some day's you're the windshield... and some days you're the bug.

Take some care and some time -- your confidence will come back.

-- E-Ticket (RandyB)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Fe_P, I've written a reply a thousand times & not posted it, so here goes attempt # 1001.

Being married to a race-head (who denies it), I've been dragged along to so many races, heard so many stories etc etc. I decided that this year I'd give it a go & see if it's all it's cracked up to be. The jury is still out.

After my last race, I have to say it's starting to swing to the racing game - but the huge factor for me was my tag-team partner. When I was looking at partnering a guy, the nerves were unreal. I almost threw up - it was a horrible feeling which had lasted for a few weeks. Getting the phone call from J lifted a cloud for me. Our aim was to have fun & come last. We succeeded on both counts. I phoned her last night & she was still grinning. We also will be competing next year (well, okay, not competing, but entering).

Henk has always gone on about how much fun he has, but then he's got about 5 others he's competing with - that is a difference. The previous ride was me trying to figure out if I was having fun or not & honestly, I didn't really.

Yes, there's more to life than racing. When I ask the guys why they are racing, the answer from some of them is "it's an excuse to go for a ride" - fair enough, I now understand that.

I also think it's a hard mindset to get. If you get another opportunity like the one you had, treat it as a trailride with other women, not as a race.

Good on you for giving it a go (and surviving) and sorry about your knees. I hope you heal up soon & definitely go for a trailride to try to get over it. Your post brought back a memory I'd forgotten about when I was learning to ride. The guys dragged me & my PoS out to the forest when I wanted to stay home & go check out a possible old bike for me to do up. The forest ended up closed due to fire risk, I was stoked, I got straight on the phone about the bike only to find it sold. But I think I was still happier than if I'd been forced to go riding (I really wasn't overly keen, just stubborn, now I'm stubborn & keen). I know that was way off topic, but it was what your post reminded me of lol.

You're not alone (even if you feel like you are sometimes) - and you're not invisible & thank you for the ride report :) (yip, I do remember our conversation lol). I hope that helps somewhat - now heal up girl :)

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Thanks Michelle and E-Ticket, I really don't feel too bad about it. It was just an interesting lesson is all.
My knees are still pretty sore. I sleep with a pillow under my knees and by the morning they're usually aching. If I sit too long, they get very stiff too. I'm just going to lay low on the riding until it rains.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom