who to have rebuild/revalve/respring forks for 1991 KDX250?

lcc

Dec 10, 2006
My forks seem to offer very little 'feel' when cornering in the woods. That is the best way I can describe the phenomenon. I can't rail berms and little things like trying to take a line to avoid a mud hazard is actually scary, as I just can't confidently choose and follow a line. I have 'lost' the front end several times due to this lack of 'feel'. I have ridden other more recent bikes and they don't exhibit this feeling. The stock KDX forks are not adjustable. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

eddiemack

Jul 6, 2007
You might want to change your location so that people responding to your post can point you to a local shop unless you're willing to ship your forks/shocks for service. If you were form the north east I'd say try Factory Connection. If you're out west try Fredette Racing Products. BTW: The front end on my 2004 is misbehaving like yours... that front end looses grip so easily. I installed some stiffer fork springs and changed the fork oil... that alone doesn't help.... I messed around with the suspensiosn today and got it better... at least ridable. I set the fork clickers to 15 out. I set the shock rebound to 16 and the shock compression to 15. Much better.. at least the bike can hold a line now. The back still kicks out when I peg the throttle (not much though). I'll need to dial it in a bit more when time permits. I'm setting up for woods and rock garden type riding. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

Top Bottom