destructo

Feb 24, 2006
Just got through completely tuning up and adjusting everything on my new 2000 KDX 220, It is completely bone stock, always garaged and completely unmolested! I cant believe I traded a TTR 230 and 100 bucks for this bike, it is like new I mean brand new, it had ten miles on the trip meter and the air filter wasnt even dirty. The guy told me it was barely ridden and when I got there I could not believe my eyes, it looked as good as the day it was bought I changed the oil, spark plug, cleaned air filter lubed chain adjusted the clutch, spit shined everything! This bike would blister that 230 all the way around! I cant wait to go riding tomorrow, Man! I finally got a break! "Sweet, I'll post up some pics sometime this weekend. :aj: :laugh:

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
Here she is all cleaned up with an additional 44 miles of trail time, had to adjust the jetting, it was way to rich, but now running smooth, awesome bike. Has one little ding in the fatty from the first owner but other than that, good to go!
kdx220001.jpg

kdx220003.jpg

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I adjusted the needle clip up to the top setting with the 145 main and the 42 pilot with the air box lid on, snorkle removed, the bike seemed to run good down low but still felt like it was loading up a little on top, it doesnt feel perfect but only had huge jets for my old yz's and kx's so gonna be hittin up the yamaha shop tomorrow, they keep plenty of keihin jets in stock.

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
jschiller said:
Hey bud, nice buy! the pipe lloks like the stock header and tailpiece to me tho!

FMF setup will make it cook

Thanks, FMF full system, Thats exactly what I was thinking, Its gonna be my first investment, toolin around trying to get the jettin dead on, the magic of a two smoker is definatly in the jetting, it'll be tomorrow night though before I can tinker with it a little more, the misses birthday dinner tomorrow night, oh well, I'll get her dialed in! Super fun bike, feels really light and nimble in the woods!

jschiller

Mar 5, 2007
Don't bother with jetting now if you're getting the full FMF, it will need to be re-jetted then anyway, the new pipe will make the difference with revving out you're looking for.

I would toss the airbox lid away completely............

Top Bottom