ccie6872

Jun 25, 2001
I went to the track the other nights and the whoopie-doos are kicking my butt. While everyone else is jumping two at a time, I am doing one at time and it takes me a long time to get over them and sometimes the bike throws me off:think. Now they are pretty big, probably about 3 feet high and about six in a row. Can you offer any help on the proper way of doing them? I ride a 2001 KX250.

Thank you,
Robert

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I either go into the first one and jump into the next then jump out and then in again. Only if the whoop's will allow me to do so. If you can't jump them then I will come in at 3rd gear and lean back and let the front wheel just tap the top of each whoop.
CRG

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
What makes whoops (or any other obstacles that are placed one right after another) so difficult is that you have to land with control and proper positioning to be set up for the next one. When doubling through whoops, this frequently means getting the front down so that you can get a good drive while on the ground between 2&3, 4&5, etc. If you're going to bang through, you usually keep your weight back and the front light. if you're going to double through, you need to actually get down into them so that you can get lift to clear the next gap.

A couple of ways to work up to doubling through...
  1. If possible, try doubling in and getting on the brakes to roll through the rest. Obviously, this is easiest when there is a large gap between them.
  2. If possible, roll all the way through and try to double out. Usually you will have to be in a low enough gear that you can get immediate and strong throttle response.
  3. If possible, jump the first set at the right or left edge and land out in the flat to get an idea how hard to hit them. Keep in mind that landing in the flat will be different than actually landing on the downside of the 2nd whoop...you'll need to get the front down to land in the whoops while you can land flat in the flat.
  4. The half step between rolling and doubling is to roll one, wheelie to the next, roll one, wheelie to the next. Basically, the rear tire never leaves the ground while the front tire doubles through. It is still a big step to go from roll/wheelie mode to actually doubling, but it is faster than merely rolling the whole way.
    [/list=1]

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom