Feb 24, 2001
Hey,

Well i know a lot of you people help each other and i've also given my input. Well i'm just wondering if i can get some advise on a little something. Me and my brother made a pretty deep corner, that got pretty rutted. Later on it started to form bumps inside the rut that would come from a whoop section. Its a right hand corner. Its just that the bike is flying up and down when ur doing this corner, is there a way to make it not do that? And i don't wanna skip it or anything like that. Thanks

Miltonyz

Sponsoring Member
Apr 12, 2001
Those whoops in there are called acceleration bumps, I believe that in one of his videos Gary Semics talks about going through braking bumps he says if you drag your back brake just a little it will hold your bike to the ground. Should work for acceleration bumps too.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
exactly what will work is dragging the rear brake a little to keep the bike tensioned up and hold a line in a corner like that. being that it is a RH corner it also will force you to keep your feet up on the pedal to do this in the corner.

suggestion, even though you "don't want to avoid the bumps" you should consider trying different lines in that same corner to make you look and try a variation.......on very ruff ridden alot tracks these corners will take a toll on stamina over a course of a moto.

not to mention the kidneys and the lower back.

stay smmmmmooooth

Feb 24, 2001
Thanks wardy, yeah if it was a race i'd try to go as smooth as i can. But it was just practice so i just wanted to learn how to ride a corner, such as that one, a lot better. Well thanks for your help though

Top Bottom