Whos going to REDBUD 125/250 National MX-Michigan?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
Went last year it was awesome, I'll be going again. Just as a spectator. Got me a new (to me) RV for camping.

I think I am going to go. They will have another spectator exit and that will make getting out a bit easier (I hope!).

Zoomer

Lifetime Sponsor
I'm going, (its my wife's anniversary!:eek: ) she gave me the nod:cool:
Hey, don't try to get out with all the maniacs after the race, wait around. Last year, we where walking the track after the final, and Tortelli was riding the perimeter of the track high fiving everybody! Watching Pastrana on the podium was great.This year it should be an excellant race with all the compettion::cool:

I agree with you Mr Zimmerman. It is best to either wait 'till way late to leave or go early. I have great memories of cruising the Pits as a kid and getting autographs. Tortelli kicked butt last year. I just hope RC doesn't win (nothing against him, I just don't like to see the same guy win all the time). It sure is fun watching those bikinis too :)

smil

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
I'll be there.
Any reccommendations on the best spot / area to camp and watch the race from?

nikki

Moto Junkie
I'll be there - 4 years in a row and counting! I'll also be racing Saturday night on the amatuer track. Hopefully I won't nearly knock myself out in the start again like last year :) Anyone else planning on racing the amatuer races?

I'm pulling for Windham and Pastrana - KW always seems to get some monster holeshots at Red Bud! My favorite spots for watching the pro races are the infield by the Dunlop double-double and Ballzee triple, all of the tunnel jumps, the downhill ski jump, the big table top before the finish line, the grand stands, and.... of course Larocco's Leap!

We usually cut out a little early to avoid the mad traffic rush! Although I hate missing anything! Parking in the family section right next to the night track usually helps too - just a really far walk from the pro track to the trailer. I wonder if it will be near 100 degrees and blazing sunny like the past few years - what I wouldn't give for low-mid 70's and sun! :confused:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
Well you kinda are stuck where they put you...

when you camp they park you in the Amatuer pits like sardines. Unless of course you want to camp on the hill with the zoo animals. If you get there real early (like me:p ) you might get a spot close to the "Stadium Track" where the amatuer races run.

"Zoo Animals"..... I like that, it is very appropriate. Maybe they won't burn all the porta-potties this year. Yeah right.....

I'll be there too. I was going to ride the amatuer races but a cracked rib has me limited to spectating for a while. The night track they have is always awesome. I'll make sure to watch for you Nikki. What classes are you racing? I'm afraid you may have your work cut out for you if Whitmore shows up;)

nikki

Moto Junkie
2big4akdx - that's a good one :) (although I don't have Speedvision - just ESPN2 :( )

Phil - I'll just be racing in the women's class... yeah - I've raced against Whitmore quite a few times - I think she could beat me on a 60!! Oh well - I'll be out there having fun! :confused: Hope you heal up soon!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
So.....How was Red Bud this year??????

You trail riders (Max and Fred) missed a great ride in the Cadillac area. I am sure you had more fun with the 3 B's of Red Bud......
beer. babes and bikinis.:p

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Red Bud was AWESOME. I can honestly say it was one of the best races I've been to. The track was sensational. The racing feirce. The beer was cold. But the bikinis didn't make as much of an apperance as anticipated due to the clouds and breeze. :(