Whos going to REDBUD 125/250 National MX-Michigan?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Went last year it was awesome, I'll be going again. Just as a spectator. Got me a new (to me) RV for camping.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I'm going, (its my wife's anniversary!:eek: ) she gave me the nod:cool:
Hey, don't try to get out with all the maniacs after the race, wait around. Last year, we where walking the track after the final, and Tortelli was riding the perimeter of the track high fiving everybody! Watching Pastrana on the podium was great.This year it should be an excellant race with all the compettion::cool:

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
I agree with you Mr Zimmerman. It is best to either wait 'till way late to leave or go early. I have great memories of cruising the Pits as a kid and getting autographs. Tortelli kicked butt last year. I just hope RC doesn't win (nothing against him, I just don't like to see the same guy win all the time). It sure is fun watching those bikinis too :)

smil

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'll be there - 4 years in a row and counting! I'll also be racing Saturday night on the amatuer track. Hopefully I won't nearly knock myself out in the start again like last year :) Anyone else planning on racing the amatuer races?

I'm pulling for Windham and Pastrana - KW always seems to get some monster holeshots at Red Bud! My favorite spots for watching the pro races are the infield by the Dunlop double-double and Ballzee triple, all of the tunnel jumps, the downhill ski jump, the big table top before the finish line, the grand stands, and.... of course Larocco's Leap!

We usually cut out a little early to avoid the mad traffic rush! Although I hate missing anything! Parking in the family section right next to the night track usually helps too - just a really far walk from the pro track to the trailer. I wonder if it will be near 100 degrees and blazing sunny like the past few years - what I wouldn't give for low-mid 70's and sun! :confused:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well you kinda are stuck where they put you...

when you camp they park you in the Amatuer pits like sardines. Unless of course you want to camp on the hill with the zoo animals. If you get there real early (like me:p ) you might get a spot close to the "Stadium Track" where the amatuer races run.

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
I'll be there too. I was going to ride the amatuer races but a cracked rib has me limited to spectating for a while. The night track they have is always awesome. I'll make sure to watch for you Nikki. What classes are you racing? I'm afraid you may have your work cut out for you if Whitmore shows up;)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
2big4akdx - that's a good one :) (although I don't have Speedvision - just ESPN2 :( )

Phil - I'll just be racing in the women's class... yeah - I've raced against Whitmore quite a few times - I think she could beat me on a 60!! Oh well - I'll be out there having fun! :confused: Hope you heal up soon!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
So.....How was Red Bud this year??????

You trail riders (Max and Fred) missed a great ride in the Cadillac area. I am sure you had more fun with the 3 B's of Red Bud......
beer. babes and bikinis.:p

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Red Bud was AWESOME. I can honestly say it was one of the best races I've been to. The track was sensational. The racing feirce. The beer was cold. But the bikinis didn't make as much of an apperance as anticipated due to the clouds and breeze. :(

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
This year may not have had the best weather, but it had the best racing I've seen yet! The track looked really good, and the more sand they bring in every year the bigger the braking bumps get. It's really amazing to see how the pros go in to that stuff so fast without any hesitation at all. I also had the privaledge of meeting fellow DRNer Nikki, who was racing saturday nights amatuer races. She really looked fast out there!:) My only complaint on the weekend was with the people just across the way from us who had to have their generator running ALL NIGHT.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It was great

We got to Redbud Thursday night and camped in a restaurant parking lot and got in line early Friday morning. We got a spot next to the stadium track and it was great being right there with the action and when you needed a fresh beer or to get rid of one the camper was 20 feet away. Fri night, all day Sat until midnight and Sunday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM of solid motocross action. It's great. I was amazed at those little kids 7-12 years old and how fast they are, most especially the 65CC class. WOW -they hit all the jumps the big boys do and their lap times are very comparable. The "view" as fatherandson mentioned was great Fri and Sat when temps were in the 90's. Saw Nikki race too! Hey Nikki, who was that blonde that was rippin' and flew into the tunnel off the track? She seemed pretty quick to me.

FredT

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
RED BUD WAS AWESOME!!!

I had a great time this weekend!! It was a little hot Friday and Saturday - but Sunday was a great day for the pro's - lower 60's and a nice breeze (although I heard Larocco's leap was quite interesting in the wind :) )

The racing Sunday was awesome!! I was cheering for Larry Ward all the way (he is on a Moto XXX DGY bike)! Windham (in 2nd place and last lap and chain came off - 2nd moto), Tortelli (in 1st place and last lap and had "fuel problems" - 1st moto), and Mike Brown (running pretty strong and got a flat rear tire - 1st moto) all suffered tough breaks, though. That CRF 450 was sure flying around the track! Erza's Jurassic Park bike was doing pretty well, too! I would have liked to see Tim Ferry a little closer to the front of the pack....

Phil - I wish I could have chatted with you a little more - but I was dying after that 2nd moto - but thanks for saying hi!! Thanks for the compliment, too - we had a really tough bunch of girls out there in the women's class Saturday night. It was so much fun, though!! Oh - and I hope that wasn't our generator driving you nuts :eek:

Fred - I believe the blonde that crashed was #11 on a YZ. She's pretty fast - Her parents run the Log Road track. Unless you're referring to the blonde that won (#16 on the YZ) she's super fast!! Last year she took top ten at Nationals and she usually beats a lot of the 125 B guys too - I would love to be that fast!! :confused:

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
That's OK Nikki...two minutes after a moto is not the best time for conversation I know! It's more like time to find an oxygen tank for me:o
I think the girl on the #11 Yamaha you were referring to would be "Jumpin" Jessica Beerbower.

Top Bottom