IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Me, that's who.. ;)

My dad and I are leaving next Wednesday for a road trip to Las Vegas..

We're supposed to be going to a Parts Unlimited Showcase the night before the race, then doing the race on Saturday and some typical Vegas sight seeing after the race and on Sunday.. Then we're heading back home.

On the way there I've planned a stop in Amarillo at the Big Texan for a nice hunk of dead bovine. Yumm..

On the way back we're planning on going thru Utah and Colorado. Dad's never been thru there. It's on his list of things to do.

If you're going to the race, I'll be parked in one of the handicapped areas. I'm still quite gimped up.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Man I wish I was going, the wife offered to buy me the trip for my Birthday but I declined because I didn't want to spend the cash and miss one of our local races as well. Regretting that decision about now! Have a great time Indy!

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
That sounds like a great trip. A few months back a friend and I thought about flying out for the weekend. Unfortunately aside from reading a book in a hammock in the backyard on the occasional Sunday... I don't see any vacations in my future for the next ten years or so (two college educations worth of time.) Sigh.

Glad you and pops are getting out to see the world. That's one way to kill time until you can ride again. ;-)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Indy.

Pretty sure my wife and I are going. Max, my grandson is supposed to ride the pit bike race on Friday.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'll be paying at the Big Texan.. No doubt about that. I'm fat, but that's just insane.

I wanted to go to the pitbike race, but am kinda committed to this Parts Unlimited thing.

I have no idea about the hours on that deal, so if I can make an appearance and haul, I may still try for it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good times Indy!

The resorts on the strip are titanic in size, stuff that looks like it's a short walk away takes a looooong hike. The opulance is pretty nutty at some of those places.

Colorado between Durango & Grand Junction is some of my favorite place. Mesa Verde is pretty awesome as well.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Patman said:
Good times Indy!

The resorts on the strip are titanic in size, stuff that looks like it's a short walk away takes a looooong hike. The opulance is pretty nutty at some of those places.

Colorado between Durango & Grand Junction is some of my favorite place. Mesa Verde is pretty awesome as well.

I just wish I hadn't been so stupid to break my leg right before a trip like this.

Before the injury, I was almost convinced to take my bike with me.

This trip will just be a sight seeing tour. Maybe next year I'll get some desert riding in.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Not me either, but, I do know of 2 portly gals that will be around. They are a laugh, and pull down 60k a piece making sliders! Hope you get a chance to take Dad to the old strip. Parts unlimited elbow bumping? Nice line on parts!

J-man

May 16, 2007
Im ganna be there, My dad has been planning the whole trip. Its ganna be alot of fun. Ill try to get some pictures to, we are ganna be pretty close to the track.

Top Bottom