smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
ah steak, that'd be great!
If I can't find you I'll be roughing it in the slums, I'll have a KDX and a jade colored mazda pickup.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I hope you know I was jus Kiddin Jay ... It is all just for fun and I can attest to the fact that it will be FUN for sure. I will be partnered with my spodely counterpat Canadian Dave on Team JustKDX. May not be the fastest BUT we plan on having fun with it .. WOOHOOO I cant wait

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by Someone
I don't know if this was already dicussed or not, but are the trails marked at this location one way?

There are about 200+acres of trails. Most are not marked althought sometimes you can find arrows left over from a past race. Just be carefull!

The actual HS course will be marked of course.

MikeB - of course I knew you were kidding. You the Coors supplier again this year?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Oh I will have a few ...... CASES THAT IS .... Yeah look me up ....Its sad that lawsuits are so rampant today I am pretty sure that Coors would be a sponsor ... Oh well

1 week and counting .... I feel like a kid at Christmas :)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Offroadr,

I know this was discussed last year after the race, and several times since then. I think we should, to add to the fun factor, have a grand-prix start. In other words, dead enging start, first riders up will be positioned about 20-30 feet from their bikes, flag drops, we all go running for our bikes. We have done this several times at the Hank Denny Motorcycle Clubs charity hare-scramble. Needless to say the bench racing afterwards is 50% about the race and 50% about the start. Way to much fun!!!!!!! What do you think.

Mully :confused:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I've participated in this type of start before and I'm for it. Many don't have kickstands on their bikes but each person who is riding the first lap has a team meber. That person can hold the bike for thier teamate. Then, they'll have time to get on their own bike and be ready for the hand off.

Sounds good to me.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Sounds good Mully!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
How about this? Instead of a LeMans start, the riders have to stand in front of the bike (facing the bike) with a hand on each grip. No kickstands needed.

The LeMans start sounds like it would be pretty funny though.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Papakeith
Tree jumper, If my bikes are clean enough for ya ;) We can create Team East Coast!
I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing anyone, I've got a feeling we're all about to make aprox. 160 new friends! :)

Sounds good to me! I just got done putting the motor back in the bike today and going to work on getting the bugs out of it this weekend. We're having our WingFest this weekend. Plenty of riding, wings and beer(after the riding). So i hope to get alot of seat time in it. See ya Tuesday if your still meeting in Columbus.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
I'm down with the Le Mans start, that will be more fun.

At one of the 1st races I ever ran, before the riders meeting they had us line up our bikes with our partners holding them, then during the riders meeting (about 50 ft. from our bikes) he was explaning the start, a shotgun went off, then he said start when the gun goes off, it cought everybody off gard when a few smart ones started running for there bikes. Lots of fun.

Kevin

Top Bottom