Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Don't forget at 3:30 on Friday is the 2nd Annual Team Harescramble!!

Myself, Fredette, and Mully will be laying out the course. We will keep it about the same difficulty as last year. (I did the parade lap on an XR100:D ) That means I gotta keep Fredette in check again!! :eek:

A new twist on the rider exchange at the start/finish this year. (its a surprise!)

It will be an hour and a half again.

We had about 35 teams last year and hope to have more this year.
Okie's got some awesome trophies made up.

Just like last year, we will have a sign up sheet for the teams.

Hope to see you on the start line!

Last edited:
B

biglou

I'm Ready!

I'm back and I'm as mediocre as ever! After the hand injury I am back and ready to do my best. I'll be there in all my neutral-grabbing, arm-flailing, spastic glory! If you've never seen the bottom of a KTM, this is for you. See the amazing zero-mile-per-hour crash! Watch as I make the rear end travel three feet into the air over a 4-inch log crossing. Don't miss it! It's gonna be average! Woohoo! Yeah!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm in need of a partner for the team HS, my comrade mr. pres discovered that his bike is junk and treated it as such. Anyone wanna team up with a KDX ridin' slowpoke? I promise I'll give it my all :D

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Uh...It doesn't look like the other half of the Birmingham Bubbas is going to make it...so, I'll be in need on a partner.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
It looks like alot of us will need partners. Especially me since i dont know a single person there. :( Hopefully not for long.

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Thats what the signup sheet is for! You guys will find someone by Friday afternoon!

Tim, sorry to hear the other Tim isn't going to make it. BTW, try and keep it on 2 wheels this year ;)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Can someone explain how the race works or link me to another post that does?

If a team is made up of just two spodes, and the race is 1'45" long, do we both race the whole time, or switch off like a relay?

That's a long time...even in first gear!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Okay,

The race is a tag team relay. So, one person will ride the first lap, and then the partner will ride the second lap and then back to the first person and so on. This will last for approx. 1.5 hours.

Last year, the course was around 3 miles long and laptimes were in the 6-8 minute range. (I think, some of my memory of the race is a little clouded ;) )

This means that there's lots of switch offs, and lots of short rest periods. The race was A LOT of fun. Just try not to get yourself pile driven into the ground on the first lap like I did last year! Off, I'll definately be keeping it up on 2-wheels this year. I still have soreness in the ribs from last year.

I working on getting bikes ready again tonight. I can't wait. :cool:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I'll take ST500 as a partner if nobody else claims him. I heard somewhere that displacement was good for racing! :scream:

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
I'm stoked. This is hell week at work trying to get things taken care of before next week. I don't really know anybody either. I'm sure there's somebody out there that won't mind teaming up with a semi slow, semi arrogant, out of shape 30 something that loves nothing better than riding.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I can't wait!!!!!!!

My wife is about to kill me. "Don't you ever get tired of working on that thing?" You would think I was prepping for a GNCC championship race. If all I do is ride the team harescramble, my belly will be filled. It was a BLAST last year. As long as I don't go down three times on the first lap(like last year), I'll be OK.

BigLou, you gonna have the helmet cam on during the HS?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
smb,

I sent you a PM.

"Raced" last year on my wifes tt-r125L w/ AJ. It was a blast and i had a good time making AJ look like a great rider;) .

If you don't mind partnering up with a slow KDX200 riding Ohio boy like yourself - then you have a partner.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I'm game for a hare scramble buddy....and i've got DISPLACEMENT too!! (Does that make up for being old (38) and afraid off getting too much air on the moto-x track??)

let those younins go flyin thru the air, i'd rather dodge trees anyday!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I doubt that you'd be able to classify what I do as racing. But, I do manange to keep the wheels pointed at the ground most of the time!:)
I'm in!
Originally posted by Tree jumperIt looks like alot of us will need partners. Especially me since i dont know a single person there. Hopefully not for long.
Tree jumper, If my bikes are clean enough for ya ;) We can create Team East Coast!
I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing anyone, I've got a feeling we're all about to make aprox. 160 new friends! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Show me to the trees!

Trees, roots, rocks, and a little trail thown in for good measure! The Mamba LIVES and I'm drooling thinking about DW01.
"Honey, could you bring me the paper towels?":scream:

B

biglou

Re: Helmet Cam

The helmet cam will be in full effect for all of dirt week! I've got the battery recharging taken care of and I am bringing hours of blank tape for the camcorder. This will be a hoot!

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
UMMM I think he is makin fun of me :think .. You rode the parade lap on a XR100 and I got stuck on the parade lap and had to get 3 people to help me get the KDX out :scream:

It really wasnt that bad just dont to "boldly go where no one has gone before" in the creeks. It was (and is gonna) be a BLAST.

Sounds like "Cherry picking" a good partner is half the race. ;)

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by Mikeb
Sounds like "Cherry picking" a good partner is half the race. ;)

Now Mike, if you remember last year we tried to NOT pair 2 excellent riders together to keep it fair. We even broke a couple teams up and they were good sports about it. We want to keep it fun and fair as possible.

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Here's the info on the race:

-Race will be a 1.5 - 2 mile loop (depending on what
we can layout) and an hour and a half in length

-We want to keep the race fairly short for all to have a good time and not wear everyone out! The short loop will insure lots of trading!

- We want lots of participants! We want everyone to think of this as fun and not as much competition.

-We will have a time check before the rider swap and at least one check in the woods to keep everyone honest J

- riders must use there own bike,

- 1 lap per rider then switch until the time has expired

-Dead engine start

- no ironman class, must be teams

- team should be one fast (A, B) and one beginner (C or less) at most. Of course lesser teams are allowed for the fun factor. (father/son, husband/wife, etc)

- no one is allowed to ride in the woods during the race ( Come out and cheer your favorite team on!)

-unique team names are encouraged!

-scoring will be timed at start/finish with a backup scorer present, with another backup sheet at the OB check(s)

-Awards will be presented to the Winners as well as putting you in the running for the Spodeliest rider (spodliest to be determined by the DRN mods)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Hey I'll team up with ya Kelvin, I'll be heading out from wellston here sometime on thursday, hopefully will be there before too late thursday night.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
smb,

Cool - we may not win - but we will have fun! Unless you are really an A class rider.

Look for me Thursday night - We have a 30 class A motorhome with Ohio plates and there should be a KDX200 and a tt-r125L parked outside.

Or you could just use your nose and smell for the steaks cooking on the grill:cool: !!

We'll throw one on for you if you like - hope you aren't one of those vegan fellows (no offense to those who are - just don't bother my steaks!:p )

JimK (a.k.a. KelvinKDX)

Last edited:
Top Bottom