ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
I've been checking out the freebie mods for the wr250f...why would yamaha allow the throttle to only open 3/4 of the way!? there must be a reason

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I understand the same thing, but then wonder why only Yamaha has to cork up their bikes so they're almost useless stock. KTMs are even green sticker legal!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I don't buy liability since the YZFs aren't corked but the WRFs are. Spark arrestor vs. muffler makes sense, retarding the timing makes sense for more low end, but the throttle stop doesn't. Maybe they just need to make a quieter muffler if it's noise level.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
after reading some posts on thumpertalk..seems like they do it on the basis of it being an off-road bike as opposed to the yz which is a "closed course" bike. either way when i get mine it will get a yz throttle stop!!!

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
Im either going to buy an 04 wrf250 or 04 ktm rfs 250. I rode my cousins rfs and wasnt too thrilled, so if i got either bike, i would have to mod. But I wonder if the wrf with the free mods will suffice. Ive heard its a tremendous difference. Almost compared to a 250 hop up kit for the ktm or something. Im trying to decide if i should get the yamaha and do that and maybe exhaust, or buy the ktm, then get a 305 or 351 kit, but its more than i want to spend. hmmmmm.............anyone got input?

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
The new Honda CRF250X will be out in February...if you can wait try to get a ride on them all to compare before buying. I'd probably buy a 2 year old KTM 400 E/XC instead of a KTM 250 E/XC -- electric smooth and you can think of it as already having that 351 kit.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by DougRoost
The new Honda CRF250X will be out in February...if you can wait try to get a ride on them all to compare before buying. I'd probably buy a 2 year old KTM 400 E/XC instead of a KTM 250 E/XC -- electric smooth and you can think of it as already having that 351 kit.
But then he'd be riding a KTM.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom