Why does a plug cost me so much?

99rmRACER

Jul 29, 2003
wherver i go to try to get a new plug for my 99 rm 125 its always between 25-30$? why is it so much? and that is just a crappy direct replacement, not any fancy iridium plug or anything. is there a reason why it s so much for this year of rm125's? other years sell for like 3-10$??

99rmRACER

Jul 29, 2003
WOW! thank you so much....never knew ther was so many threads about this already! sorry i was kinda in a hurry so i ddint use the search, but will next time! once again....thanks for helping me out!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I used a $1.29 BR8ES plug in my '98 RM 125 and over 2 years and 60+ races, I never had any problems.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
My lil bro's 96 RM 125 won't run on the cheap BR8es's and it's jetted properly I know I did it myself must of gone threw a dozen of those cheap plugs trying to find out what was going on. It would foul them out in like half an hour of riding, but put one of those expensive NGK Racing plugs in it and it's run excellent ever since. My '04 KX 125 is using that plug now, the main reason they run those plugs is the harmonic hum of the motor is breaking off the electrodes. Just compare it to a normal BR8EG or something and you can see how much more beefier it is. You can get them for the RM's threw parker yamaha for alot cheaper than $26 a plug. The one for the KX is new, so i'm having trouble finding them cheaply good thing my local kawie dealer sells them to me just alittle bit above his cost so they are like $22.

Top Bottom