jbu0070

Feb 16, 2004
i ride a 2003 kdx 200 and at the end of last season my throttle began to stick at the worst times, when i say stick i mean the actual throttle handle returns to its neutral position but the bike continues to run wide open untill i shut it off, any ideas, thanks

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
If you let go of the throttle from wide open can you hear the carb slide clunk shut? If so you are probably looking at a vacuum leak somewhere.

bake

Sep 20, 2001
Some good leads there, I had a leaky base gasket do this to me as well as a frayed throttle cable. Better check it out before it hurts!

bake

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
One of my first times on a bike, while going through some trail, the throttle cable pulled right out of the carb and it stuck open! :ohmy: I bailed in a hurry!

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
Same thing happened to a friend of mine (stuck wide open), but he didn't have a kill switch. So in a panic he yanked the plug wire! Kill switch was next on the shopping list. LOL

jbu0070

Feb 16, 2004
thanks for all the advice guys, unfortunatly it already put me on the operating table, lol, but i will take the advice. much appreciated

Top Bottom