chippy

Mar 3, 2001
I have a 1996 KDX 200 H2 which is fitted with a FMF POWER CORE II tail pipe and the factory front pipe,I am thinking of fitting a GNARLY front pipe.I am only interested in improving bottom and mid ranges.Any help/advice on how much difference the GNARLY pipe would make to my bike would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance CHIPPY:confused:

heymike

Mar 21, 2000
It would be a night and day difference !!! :D I was looking for about the same thing and installed the "torque" pipe (K-35). I love it !! really woke the bike up! I would also install (if you haven't already) Boysen Power Reeds at the same time (only about $30 USD).

Mike

PS - The FMF "rev" pipe is K-30 (stamped on the front-upper bolt tab).

Last edited:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Chippy, I've got a 99 200, and no way would I use the pipe (and silencer) for anything but anchors. Why Kawasaki doesn't do something about it from factory, I don't know. For the price of the material of the stock stuff, they'd be able to get FMF or PC or someone to supply decent stuff.

It awakens the bike, stops the bike feeling so constipated and makes it fun to ride. I ran the torque pipe for a couple of months, but then tried the PC and preferred it. I can't remember why sorry, but next week I'll have changed systems to compare & can give the report then if wanted. (believe me, I'm usually using bottom/mid so that's my crucial points in a bike).

But the best thing you can do is get rid of the pipe, honestly. If I manage to stuff the two systems I have, before I rode again, I'd be buying another pipe (whichever one I could get first), I found the stock that bad.
I hope this helps some,

KDX Lover

Jun 25, 2001
Shoul I get a Pipe?

Please do everyone a favor and get that pipe!!!!! You won't believe how much a difference it makes compared to stock. Why someone would upgrade the sparker and not the pipe i'll never understand but you reallly, really, need that pipe!!!! You can thank me later. Happy riding!!!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I am only interested in improving bottom and mid ranges

Buy a KG-35. The term 'gnarly' doesn't apply to any particular tune of pipe, but the material it's made from. DON'T go into your local bike shop and order a 'gnarly' pipe. Who knows what you'll get.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
As promised in my previous reply, I changed back to the FMF torque pipe. Umm, I think it was another of my psychological things, I couldn't really tell the difference between the FMF & PC systems. Either way, the bike goes great.

chippy

Mar 3, 2001
Cheers Michelle,The pipe has been on the bike over a week now and what a hell of a difference,way beyond what I expected.I haven't re-jetted because I dont think I need to,anyway thanks for the advice.Chippy.:) :p

Top Bottom