rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
Rc did not beat JS . JS gave it to RC why was he so pumped after that race he didn't earn that win. I know a win is a win it just seems like he got all pumped for that come on. maybe he knows he may not get to many wins this year .

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
RC pressured that guy into those mistakes, JS was riding over his head. if theyre making the tracks more four stroke friendly which makes them more like the outdoors JS will not win another race unless RC goes down........just a guess. JS only advantage was SX he is about to lose that

mxer_69

Dec 14, 2000
RC wasn't all pumped about beating JS. In his TV interview he even said if he had lost he would have been happy. I think he was just pleased with the way he was riding and he loves a good duel. I find new respect for RC just knowing that he loves to battle and does it for the love of racing. Cudo's to you RC... welcome to the life of an everyday racer. :nod:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
So James win when RC went down at A1 doesn't count either? Why do we even hold these events, somebody is always going to go down and deprive us of a true winner :bang:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Chili said:
So James win when RC went down at A1 doesn't count either? Why do we even hold these events, somebody is always going to go down and deprive us of a true winner :bang:

Ditto.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Chili said:
Well said My North of the border friend. we have good racing for the first time in a while, so enjoy the close racing and don't make excuses for the riders, tthey aren't.

HOT C

Dec 25, 2005
ellandoh said:
RC pressured that guy into those mistakes, JS was riding over his head. if theyre making the tracks more four stroke friendly which makes them more like the outdoors JS will not win another race unless RC goes down........just a guess. JS only advantage was SX he is about to lose that
Don't try give out trophys yet, we still have 13 more races, they are all on 4Ts, RC crashed A1 took 3rd, JBS took 1st, RC won phoenix, JBS crashes A2 takes 3rd, CR is hanging in there, so its still a long way to even start guessing who will take the outdoors. They are all on top of their game, neither one of them is running away with it as long as they all stay health.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if you notice RC was a big motivator in the tracks being more four stroke friendly ......... do you ever wonder why?? the more four stroke friendly they are the more like the outdoors they are and RC doesnt give up ANY races outdoors. JS wouldve been better off on the technical tracks where he had a chance. shouldve talked all the people he could to ride 2 strokes, too late now , as long as they make em wide open RC will either run away with it or ride your back tire til you go down

barring injury or mechanical ill bet ya on that

rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
To me I don't think Rc has the speed to beet JS I think the only way RC wins is if JS crashes and the only way CR wins is if RC and JS both go down just my opinion

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
rcpilot_971 said:
To me I don't think Rc has the speed to beet JS I think the only way RC wins is if JS crashes and the only way CR wins is if RC and JS both go down just my opinion
he run him down from behind, glued himself to his back tire, watched him bobble til he went down, took the top of the box this is just the beginning of the outdoor tracks on the sx series :nod:

Spider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2000
Like hot c said its a long season and there is no way to predict a winner yet. You never know if RC and JBS keep going down Reed could just win with consestent top 3r's.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
rcpilot_971 said:
Rc did not beat JS . JS gave it to RC why was he so pumped after that race he didn't earn that win. I know a win is a win it just seems like he got all pumped for that come on. maybe he knows he may not get to many wins this year .
He crossed the finish line first. I'm pretty sure that is a win. I suppose he didn't beat anyone that was behind him after the first turn either.
JS said the track was too easy after Heat 1, but made many errors during the Main. The only difference besides the number of laps was the fact that RC was pinned to his tail.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Pretty amazing the comments that come on the web when JS loses... vs almost none when he wins?
It's a long season folks, be sure before you commit!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I'm finding it impossible to pick a favorite this year, we are Reed fans, but watching Ricky and Bubba fight tonight had me on the edge of my seat. I just wish I had a clue how far back 3rd place was when Stewart went down. I only knew it was Reed because they run the ticker across the screen and posted it before the commercial break.
Wouldn't it be nice if the coverage was half as good as the racing this year?

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
lets hope this lasts all year, we all have bitched because of the runaway races. sit back and enjoy it.

James has matured, ricky has a new task at hand along with Reed. James made a mental mistake, he looked, seen the rider down, had the speed for the high line, second guessed, (thinking RC would go low) and lost his front end. He did the same EXACT thing in the second moto at red bud two years ago, (lost the front end same way). Riding a Open class bike, one has to put certain amount of weight on the front tire if your going to hit the brakes that hard.
there are many advantages to racing in second place and watching for the opening, mainly because if the race pace being set is comfortable, then all you do it wait and pick your opportunity.
I don't particularly care who wins but be happy the tracks are easier, do you want to see run away races again (if that would happen), with more riders getting hurt? OR would you like to see this kind of race for the next 13 events? with the winner decided on the last weekend?

I guess I would like to see someone win like ernie or MC just to throw that in the works, hell cooler yet would be the rock kicking ass one more race.

What i believe you will see, is if this stays close racing for a bunch of weeks, one of those three is going to start bouncing off the other, then the *retaliation, then more banging........then we will see who is the "toughest". hope that doesn't happen since at those speeds some one will get hurt........but the tempers are flaring already.

going to be interesting.

wardy

DRK

Dec 31, 2002
Chili said:

What he said.

I think RC was happy after the race because he now truly believes he can run with Stewart and beat him this season. RC got off to a rough start at the beginning of the season and was likely doubting his bike, himself or both.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
wardy said:
do you want to see run away races again (if that would happen), with more riders getting hurt? OR would you like to see this kind of race for the next 13 events?

I'll take door number two. :nod:

Last edited:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I go with what Wardy said...

I told Luke after about the 4th lap that Lapped traffic was going to have a bearing on the out come of this race, thinking a lapper would get into RC orJS. Never thought brain fart because of a downed lapper would be it. Anyway, great race, RC was keeping him very honest, and sticking his tire in there form time to time, kind of like what JS was doing to RC at #1. and Reed came from behind to finish just off the pace. Its getting better every week!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Anybody notice that RC's Zook seems to be handling better in the whoops? I think they're finally getting it dialed in, and that's giving him an extra second or so every lap. I said before that this season is going to be about character. Who has the discipline to ride fast but within his limits and let the more aggressive guy crash his way out of contention? Bubba has matured, but RC still has the edge in discipline and character.

rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
ellandoh said:
he run him down from behind, glued himself to his back tire, watched him bobble til he went down, took the top of the box this is just the beginning of the outdoor tracks on the sx series :nod:

it looked to me like RC was able to catch up to JS after JS made a couple of mistakes and I dont think RC pressured JS into that crash I think JS did not see mike brown tell the last second

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I think RC is so happy after each win because, as sad as it may be, this might be the last year we see #4 on the SX track. I believe his contract with Suzuki is up after the 2006 outdoors. And if RC takes both 2006 championships, don't be surprised if he goes out on top. He's never very clear on his future hopes when asked, but it always sounds like he only has a few years left. And I don't think RC wants to go out being the #2 guy, either.

As echoed from above, enjoy it while it lasts. While Bubba is another incredible rider, I don't think anyone will dominate in MX and in the record books again like RC in most of our lifetimes. Looking at the Lites class, there is no dominating force on the way up, like another MC, RC, or Bubba. And unless Bubba is Michael Jordan-like and races till 30-35... he's not going to break all of RC's records. Some, sure... but I have a feeling that Bubba will find other interests after a handfull of championships as well.

I guess we'll see.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I'm a little late posting, been busy, but I loved the race.. It looked to me as if RC was a little more on the edge than JS so I'm not sure he could have made the pass at the end, but certianly might have..
As they started to go into that corner I jumped up out of my chair and yelled "he looked up." It no sooner came out of my mouth then JS went down. He took his eye off his line to make sure he could get around the bike in the track and just lost the front end.
Kudos to RC for keeping his focus and not becoming part of the pile up.

lukesh40

Dec 8, 2005
A win is win and you can bet RC celebrates every one like its his first because the man works harder than any other guy in the world and thats why he wins more than anybody. If you think he didn't earn or deserve that win you are a fool. He was on Stewart's tail the entire race pressuring and waiting to make the right move. Now I myself was hoping that Bubba would take this one, being that its his second season in the 250 class, but Ricky ain't gonna hand it over that easy.

Top Bottom