Dec 31, 1969
Texas
pro2k said:
Why was RC so happy? -----Cause he felt lucky he won! :nener:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
If RC would win, get up on the podium, and act like it was no big deal.......that would be a lack of respect for JS. Two very talented riders....either one can win. RC respects JS, and JS respects RC, only this year JS is starting to admit it, which is a better "head game" than cockyness and arrogance. JS is learning the public relations thing (partly from RC), and that will mature his winners attitude. "Positive attitudes create winners". And I believe it all boils down to the factories selling bikes........If I were picking out a first bike for my young one, I'd pick Chad Reed as my salesman, not Bob Hannah.

HOT C

Dec 25, 2005
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
If RC would win, get up on the podium, and act like it was no big deal.......that would be a lack of respect for JS. Two very talented riders....either one can win. RC respects JS, and JS respects RC, only this year JS is starting to admit it, which is a better "head game" than cockyness and arrogance. JS is learning the public relations thing (partly from RC), and that will mature his winners attitude. "Positive attitudes create winners". And I believe it all boils down to the factories selling bikes........If I were picking out a first bike for my young one, I'd pick Chad Reed as my salesman, not Bob Hannah.
I think its the rider not the bike. I think RC is enjoying racing someone unlike in the past when he was just running away with wins thats why he was a dissapointed that JS washed out on lap 18. I think its like beating the same game again and again, you get bored till you get to the hard skill level. Iknow he would have still been happy with 2nd behind JS and not CR because he has beaten CR like a drum so many times and his skill level is evenly matched with stewart which probably will make him change his plans about retiring soon because he has finaly found someone to race.

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Nobody says much about this, but Stewart's the best, most nontraditional/athletic passer out there (a la Marcus Allen as a runningback), and I think that will be the difference down the road. All these guys will be running the same speed toward the end of the season.......the best passer wins, all other things being equal?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If RC would win, get up on the podium, and act like it was no big deal.......that would be a lack of respect for JS.
I'm in the Tom Landry school of thought here ... if you celebrate too much after a touch down, it appears that you didn't *expect* to score :) Best head game RC can play on JS is to make it out as no big deal that he beat him.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I disagree, I think RC's celebration after that race would effect JS more than just a "yay, I won" from RC. If he was mellow about it, I think JS would think he should have won even more.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Much ado about nothing.

:ohmy:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
What is ado, anyway? And just how much ado is appropriate? In other words, what is the precise amount of ado that we should be seeing here, assuming we knew what ado was, anyway. I just want some advice on the ado level.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
wardy said:
What i believe you will see, is if this stays close racing for a bunch of weeks, one of those three is going to start bouncing off the other, then the *retaliation, then more banging........then we will see who is the "toughest". hope that doesn't happen since at those speeds some one will get hurt........but the tempers are flaring already.

going to be interesting.

wardy

I agree. Somehow I think RC owes Bubba a payback due to the skid mark that Bubba left on his back in the outdoors.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
JMD said:
Anybody notice that RC's Zook seems to be handling better in the whoops? I think they're finally getting it dialed in, and that's giving him an extra second or so every lap.

I watched for this and thought that RC handled them better only because they weren't as tall as the earlier rounds. They were less technical and allowed higher speeds without alot of finesse. That's probably why Bubba said he had trouble with them. RC's rear suspension was still in swap mode, just to a lesser degree due to height IMO.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Solid State, I think you're right with regard to A-2, where the whoops were less radical. But I thought I noticed a change at Phoenix, too, where they were pretty deep. I didn't like the A-1 whoops. They were taking out too many great riders. If Jeremy can't ride them without crashing, they're probably too extreme. I want to see racing, not the Last Man Standing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom