cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Wibby, Talked to CC yesterday and see you have a '92 model. I'm curious what your mod list is and if you feel you need to do more or are happy with your performance as is. My bike specs are: 1990 kdx 200---race sag at 3.75" rear and 1.625 front---Pro Circuit pipe and silencer---Airbox lid off and unit completely sealed with rtv
-----Top end recent rebuild w/kips maint.-------pwk35 w/38 pilot, 152 main, cel(top or 2nd clip?), stock slide---Boyesen reeds---Michelins fr & rr, great for Florida sand!---9 series plug-----13/47 xring....35:1 Motul W/93 octane. I was telling CC about how the thing wants to loop out on hard ground with throttle only in 3rd and 4th gear---while my 190 lbs. is right at the front of the seat(in an effort to keep it down). 'course CC says that they always run best "... right before they blow up". Since he doesn't have an E series, we were talking apples and oranges. I'm hoping you might have a pointer or two to share. This setup seems spot on in these conditions---50-60 degrees, low humidity, at sea level. Thanx, Jay P.S. Don't know how you guys ride those cliffs and rocks....I'll take sugar sand and mud any day of the week!!!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Well sounds like you know more than me so far, as I have not had a chance to set my sag since I put the 4.8 kg spring on and changed the shock oil! (too hard to do by myself, but I have done it, sitting on the bike backwards with a tape measure trying to balance the bike! LOL)

I’ve got Fredette .40kg springs up front (sag ? I dunno ‘member)
Fredette Torque Ring, FMF Fatty, FMF ISDE S/A (Silent Sport spaghetti packing!), Airbox lid removed (Yeah it sounds wonky), 45 pilot, 1173 mid clip (have not messed with it yet) 148 main (have not had a chance to do a plug chop yet), stock #6 slide. Boyesen Power Reeds ( Awesome lowend! Thanks to Skipro!) B8ES NGK, 12/47 o-ring, 40:1 Redline (When I have a job) or Mobil 1 MX2T (When I don’t), Dunlop 756 up front and IRC VE33 out back.

I’d like to try out an Airstryker carb and maybe the Delta Force 2, and maybe a Steahly flywheel weight! But first I gotta get a gripper seat cover, I’m tired of sliding back every time I go up a steep section, and the inevitable loop out the usually follows!
:silly:

It runs pretty good ( I’m happy it runs at all after doing the top end a couple weeks ago!) I still have some tinkering to do. Shoot, working on the bike is almost as fun as riding it.

It carries my fat butt around no problem, regardless how many people tell me the 200 is to small for me, it seems to have all the power I need so far... I just need to become a better rider!

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Dang, Wibby! I'm trying to make sense of it all. I thought the carbs were identical, but I'm pretty sure my slide is a #5. Do you have a stock pwk35 or is it modified? What conditions do you ride in---it's surprising to see that you are running a richer pilot and a leaner main. Speaking of working on the bike---it gives me something constructive to do and it is a lot of fun!!! (for me anyway) Thanks for the response. Try to pm me if you want to shoot the jizz off the board---CC has the email. Jay

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Yours should have a #6 in it, I think the newer bikes come with a #5 slide

No, mine is just stock. When I first bought the bike, I think it had a 160 main with a 58 pilot. It seemed to run pretty good. I took the carb off and noticed lots of floaters in the bowl so I soaked it in some Berrymans. I put it back together and the bike would not even start! LOL

Conditions now are 1000' - 3000' cold and soggy, slippery rut and poison oak infested.......! :whiner: (Yeah, I know 'Carvr, "quit 'cher whining Wibbens!")

I'd like to do more testing on how my jetting is working but with one day off it's just not happening, plus it has not blown up yet..... and even if it does..... now I know how to fix it :think: I think ;)

Top Bottom